SMF April 2023 Challenge-Faux Funnel Technique Designs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@dibbles Ha. Love mountain livin'. Every day is a story. ;)

Other than coffee, which I think is positively Ryan-Reynolds-rolling-worthy, I don't do food scents. The FOs probably just smelled like "something" to him.

Either Benny came in for the hummingbird feeders and then found the FOs or the other way around, but he got them both. Ben is pretty considerate, though, and didn't smash the feeders. He unhooked them without destroying the hangers, dragged them into the woods, and delicately unscrewed them, and drank all the sugar water. He was actually pretty soft-handed with the FO shipment too. He only bit the one and decided it wasn't for him.

I used to put out bird feeders, but it's just too beary here. I plant native species the birds appreciate instead and do my best to protect the hummer feeders.

He's a handsome gent, and really for a guy his size doesn't cause hardly any destruction and is very low-key. We like having him around, but we also make sure we don't leave anything edible outside the house. Even the grill comes indoors at night. And the door is reinforced :p

This is right off the front porch, he's less than 30 feet from me in the broad daylight... you can see a hummer zoom by.

Considering
I don’t know why that is. The rest of your phot uploaded correctly. Unless the file is too big, I should be able to use the first photo in the voting survey.
Thanks! I think it's fixed, I just used one of the photos from my phone instead of the camera.

I thought it was too big and made it smaller (1.6MB) the others are all bigger and still got the same results. Hmm that one was from my camera, the rest were from my phone. Oh well it's fixed.

Last edited:
Well even though I'm sick I finally got my soap done for the challenge entry just waiting to cut it tomorrow. I wish I wouldn't of got so sick so I could of got more practice making a couple 😩 of batches, but I think what I came up with will do the job. I made some dancing funnel technique soaps with the left over batter in my individual molds here's a look at them. I will post my Entry tomorrow as soon as I can.
20230424_150607.jpg

@Ephemerella, I wonder if the biodegradable packing peanuts smelled better than they tasted.

Your soap came out pretty considering all the challenges you had to work around!
Well I will say he did try a few but apparently didn't like them very much. I had to scrape about a dozen half-melted-from-bear-slobber peanuts off the deck. They're tricky to get up when they melt on a surface like that. 😂

Ugh, sorry guys. I am not going to have an entry this month. I did one failed attempt, and I guess it was a one and done. I planned on another attempt but just didn't find the time. Work is killing me. I am in the middle of a 14 day run. Self-inflicted, since I am the one who makes the schedule. But we are chronically short-staffed and at this point if somebody wants off, the only way to give it to them... somebody has to work overtime, which frankly everybody is sick of doing, even with a bonus. I can't stand denying someone time off because it is just a constant state of being short, and I just take the shift and suck it up.

Enough sob story lol. I look forward to seeing all of your entries.

Ugh, sorry guys. I am not going to have an entry this month. I did one failed attempt, and I guess it was a one and done. I planned on another attempt but just didn't find the time. Work is killing me. I am in the middle of a 14 day run. Self-inflicted, since I am the one who makes the schedule. But we are chronically short-staffed and at this point if somebody wants off, the only way to give it to them... somebody has to work overtime, which frankly everybody is sick of doing, even with a bonus. I can't stand denying someone time off because it is just a constant state of being short, and I just take the shift and suck it up.

Enough sob story lol. I look forward to seeing all of your entries.
Wowsers I hope 🙏 you find away to get some time off soon. Hopefully you'll be able to try out for the next challenge.

Just letting everyone know I just posted my entry I hope everybody likes it. I know it's alittle sloppy for my first time trying this but now I know what to expect when I do it for next time it's still cute though 😆 🤣 lol

@Cindy D. My mom and I love your soap we just wanted to mention that the green leaves òn your soap also look like little doves did you notice or did you do that on purpose? lol there amazing! Nice work!

@Ephemerella That is the saddest funny story I've heard in a long time!
I've had batches go like that, except for the bear part. You pulled it all together in the end -- impressive!
I wonder if you could have used all that bear slobber as a water replacement in a future batch?
Oh thats too funny! 😂 😂 😂 I could grind up the partially digested biodegradable peanuts for an exfoliating factor too :p

I can see it now.... BearTooth Soap.... not terrifying at all ;)

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 7.47.58 PM.jpg

Latest posts

Back