Shrink wrapper...?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamison

Reaction score
Looking to wrap about 30 bars at a time. Any recommendations on a shrink-wrap setup? I looked on eBay, but there's so much on there.

Thanks.

BTW, has anyone ever seen a vegetable-based plastic shrink wrap?

Very nice... that's pretty affordable. I also heard of sleeves, but they don't fully seal and was told I need to air-seal M/P soap.

I was planning on perforated plastic for the CP soaps.

I get mine from

http://www.nationalshrinkwrap.com/page/page/4625591.htm

I use the wand system (click on the systems button on their home page -- I use the first one on the list).

I use polyolefin that is perforated for my CP. (If you are not familiar with the perforated, you can't actually see any perforations -- it's not like it has holes in it or anything). The advantage of polyolefin over PVC is that polyolefin is biodegradable and does not contain phthalates. I've been very happy with it. They also have a nice "how to" video on soap wrapping, and their customer service has been excellent.

The wand style is much more what I'd want to use for this. And there is bio-degradable film! I'm stoked for that.

$250... hmmmmm. I'll have to think about that since I plan to only use this for MP soap. I do a paper wrap and twine around my CP soaps.

I also use the wand system from nationalshrinkwrap.com. At first I was hesitant to invest so much money into the system but never regretted it. I wrap 16 bars at once in a couple of minutes. The perforated polyolefin film is great for cp and the customer service is excellent.

Latest posts

Back