Recommendations for a new loaf cutter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coastmutt

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Recently I've found myself enjoying some festive molds, however I do think it is time for me to reopen shop and start doing loaf sized batches again. There's just one problem, however, my ol' reliable wire cutter leaped off my work table and broke, I'm totally stuck on where to buy a new loaf cutter! I enjoy wire slicers like this one here and I wanted to know from the cat's mouth what your top recommendations were! Thanks so much y'all!

- Jamie

I have the smaller loaf cutter from Nurture Soap and absolutely love it. I toyed with getting the larger one, and am so glad I didn't. This one fits better in my cabinet, and is not heavy or bulky to pull out or put away. The machine is weighted so well that it takes very little force from me to cut through even harder loaves. Shorter loaves are done in one cut, and longer loaves in two cuts.

Although I could have purchased one of the highly-rated cutters on Etsy, this one was made by a small business in the US. That's also a win in my book.

A couple months ago, Brambleberry was having a 20% off everything sale, and I bought one from them. It too is made here in the US, and at 20% off, it was competitively priced. It's also primarily wood, which I like. It was really a "treat yourself" purchase, because I just make soap for fun, but I'm hoping to retire this summer, and I've been lusting after a soap cutter for over a year, so I decided to get it while I still was getting a paycheck. No regrets. :)

A few months ago, I purchased one off Amazon. It was around $90 and shipped for free and arrived quickly. I think @Zing ordered one too and he seemed to like it and I love mine! I just sliced some bars 5 minutes ago. Personally, I feel like a tidy cut makes my disaster soaps look palatable!!

If you want the link let me know. I dont know what your price range is. It took me a long time and a lot of discussions with myself before id pull the trigger. Im glad I did though.

It seems like you're looking for a multi-bar cutter but as @rdc1978 said, I ordered this Amazon.com: Single Wire soap Cutter earlier this year and it's a treat to use every time! Two cents from this cat's mouth.

You got yours before me and you posted pictures of soaps with such professional cuts. I was so jealous for those two days until I got mine!

Actually, they are so popular everywhere that they go out of stock all the time. I'd recommend going to the page for the cutter that you want. Right below where it says "Out of Stock," enter your email address to be notified when it is back in stock.

I didn't care which color I got, so I entered my email address to be notified for each different color. The first one to come back in stock was the purple, so that's what color I ordered. They normally re-stock every couple of weeks. :)

Latest posts

Back