Random hints and tips

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragonkaz said:
... and Kiwi's ... my parents taught us this as children in New Zealand ... we grewup eating vegemite ... like most Kiwi Kids do!

Love slang!

right I hope you aren;t trying to take Vegemite too, First Lamingtons, then pavlovas and now vegemite.

How is it kiwi's won't claim Russell Crowe?

Crafty Rose said:
Dragonkaz said:
... and Kiwi's ... my parents taught us this as children in New Zealand ... we grewup eating vegemite ... like most Kiwi Kids do!

Love slang!

right I hope you aren;t trying to take Vegemite too, First Lamingtons, then pavlovas and now vegemite.

Yes ... and we do claim Russell Crowe ... as we do Derryn Hinch, Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen, Sam Neill, John Clarke, Kate Brookes-Peterson, Shihad, Crowded House etc. ... and any one else who seems worth claiming! LOL

well I have to chime in here and say I had never heard of driving through at a bottle store until I came to live in Aussie.............that one really did crack me up................You drive through at Mc D's not the bottle store!!!!! :lol:

Dragonkaz said:
Crafty Rose said:
Dragonkaz said:

Love slang!

Yes ... and we do claim Russell Crowe ... as we do Derryn Hinch, Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen, Sam Neill, John Clarke, Kate Brookes-Peterson, Shihad, Crowded House etc. ... and any one else who seems worth claiming! LOL

Dragonkaz I think we invented Weet-bix as well :lol: :lol:

poor dental health is linked to cardiac crap. :( so even if you don't want to, go to the dentist regularly.

bumblebees DO have stingers. and they aren't barbed which means that they can sting over and over. if they wish. but they rarely do cuz they're such mellow little buggers.

Lyn said:
Dragonkaz said:
Crafty Rose said:
Dragonkaz said:

Love slang!

Dragonkaz I think we invented Weet-bix as well :lol: :lol:

The flightless birds are planning world domination.

Crafty Rose said:
Grits= polenta. I though polenta as cornmeal/used for corn bread?

There are slight differences between grits and polenta, but they are basically the same thing.

http://www.cookthink.com/reference/4485/Whats_the_difference_between_polenta_and_grits

Soapygurl said:
Alot is not a word, it is two words a lot.

From your grammar natzi!

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

LMFAO at Dags. We do something like that down here in the deep south too. The term is dingleberry, it refers to poo hanging off a dogs butt. We tend to call our friends dingleberries.

Dragonkaz: I never grew up in kiwi land eating v/mite, it was always Marmite. Not until we got here to Oz did we eat v/mite, although I don't remember either tasting much different if at all lol

Pretty n Plain said:
Healinya said:
Grits r a southen food... I'm too chook to try them, looks like a mix between cream corn, rice, and mashed potatoes...

But, if u don't know what a grit is, then that means u have never had the privilege of watching one of the funniest movies of all time.... My Cousin Vinny (Joe pesci, marissa tomei, Ralph machhio)....

Healinya: This term gave me a good chuckle. I think i'll use this on DH next time he want's me to do something. I'll say..."No hon, i'm too chook to try it" it'll be worth it to see the look of confusion on his face :lol:

We probably wouldn't use 'Chook' in a sentence to say that :? we'd say chicken, its more that its a chook when you buy a cooked chook or the chooks in the pen out the back. :) Hope your not totally confused after that, Aussie slang is hard to work out out.

Pretty n Plain said:
Dragonkaz: I never grew up in kiwi land eating v/mite, it was always Marmite. Not until we got here to Oz did we eat v/mite, although I don't remember either tasting much different if at all lol
We had both available in the supermarkets, but we never had marmite in our house.

At home there's always great debates ... vegemite vs marmite ... ford vs chev ... South vs North ... union vs league ... jandals vs barefeet ... Otago vs Canterbury ... Neil Finn vs Tim Finn ...

lauramw71 said:
Ok, I've heard of vegemite, but have to ask.. what exactly IS it?
It is a yeast extract. It is black/very dark brown. It is very salty can can be eaten on toast, put on vita wheat (big cracker type things) with butter and smooshed to make worms, and even mixed with water to make stock for soup/stews.

Looks like axel grease in the jar though.

Dragonkaz said:
Pretty n Plain said:
We had both available in the supermarkets, but we never had marmite in our house.

At home there's always great debates ... vegemite vs marmite ... ford vs chev ... South vs North ... union vs league ... jandals vs barefeet ... Otago vs Canterbury ... Neil Finn vs Tim Finn ...

what on earth is a jandal -_-

Vegemite is YUMMMM....most kids love it here...some like a lot some like a smidgin....on toast , bread, with banana, or honey ....in hot water ( yuck but my dad swears by it ) ....

I think a jandal is a thong...

And in Australia its Fiord Vs Holden....am a holden girl myself hehe

Hmmm... must be an aquired taste? lol I don't want to offend, and PLEASE don't take it that way, but the description doesn't sound too appealing. LOL

lol Laura...beleive me it doesnt look too appealing either as its black....and from what all my previous international students say, I think it is definately an aquired taste

tasha said:
Dragonkaz said:
Pretty n Plain said:

what on earth is a jandal -_-
It depends on what country you're from as to what it might be called.

In Oz they're called a thong ... whereas we Kiwi's refer to tiny undies as a thong!

In Fiji they're called flip flops.

Plus I'm sure there's other names for our national footwear! ... well that and gumboots ... although not at the same time. Jandals in summer and gumboots in winter. LOL

lauramw71 said:
Hmmm... must be an aquired taste? lol I don't want to offend, and PLEASE don't take it that way, but the description doesn't sound too appealing. LOL
It doesn't sound great but it tastes fantastic! Good vegemite is a dark brown colour and quite earthy with a salty flavour. I never add salt to food, but I'll sometimes add vegemite to vegie stews.

I love vegemite and cheese on crackers ... yummie! Also vegemite and tomatoes on crackers ... yummie! I have friends who love vegemite and lettuce ... ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Latest posts

Back