Online soap assements

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodders

Reaction score
Hi guys
As anybody had the soap formula assessed by the buy online method
I'm looking at selling my soaps and need assessing before hand.
I've seen a few online where they ask you to send ur recipe with 6 variations
They claim to assess them within 4-5 weeks
As anybody in the uk used any of these at all?

Sorry didn't notice id put it in the wrong forum

And my concerns where weather these where legit assessment I wouldn't want to sell my soap and find out I'm selling them illegally

Have you checked with Trading Standards (if you're UK based) to see if they are actually valid? Would be one of the best ways, I think.

A lot of places do offer a variation of a recipe for less than the total cost of each, as there is not 6x the work involved for them, so they might well be fine - but best to check!

You could also try contacting them to ask them to prove they are official testers. Take the info they give you and double-check.

Good luck!

I just had mine done by www.cosmeticsafetyassessment.com they are well known in the uk. It took, yes, 4 weeks. They send you a PDF file containing some 11 page certification, one of the final pages contains a copy of their chemist qualification. I did a search and I thought they were very popular so I went with them, it was very straight forward.
I have only got 4 variations, and I can add the other two later on when I can finally make up my mind, I am too indecisive.
I am searching for product and public liability insurance now. Any suggestions anyone? In the uk

Ian Wallace seems to be the most popular and they do insurance that will allow you to sell worldwide via the internet as well.

Latest posts

Back