new laser printer!! any label type suggestions??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapsugoii

Reaction score
My honey got me a printer for xmas. It arrives tomorrow, and wanna play around with labels soon. What kind do you use and how? Where can i get them? Thinking about stickers or the cigar kind...

I use cigar bands and designed them using MS Publisher. It took quite a few trials before I found the one I use now. I use the same style for all my soaps, just change the details that need changing.

I am using Avery Design Pro, free d-load available for it online.
http://avery-designpro.en.softonic.com/

It takes a bit to get used to but it works great!
I am currently using 2x4 shipping labels for the front of my soap with company logo, name of soap, and my email addy.
The back of the soap I use a much smaller 1x2 return addy label listing my ingredients in the particular batch.

One thing to keep in mind when using a laser printer....the colors will be a bit different from that of an ink jet. I had help designing logo via sister across the country, and when she printed them on ink jet, came out aqua color, on my laser printer they came out blue.

If you're needing labels for bottles, I really like the avery durable ones-they are weather proof mailing labels that come in several sizes.

Scratch/water resistant and the sizes are actually perfect.

I use http://www.labelsbythesheet.com which are good quality and relatively inexpensive.

My issue is (with the round labels) that the templates and/or measurements they give you rarely match up and you get a lot of misaligned printing SO test printing them on paper and holding it up to the light overtop of the label sheet to you can make sure they align.

But this is only an issue with the round ones so far.

As for soap bands, I used Microsoft Picture It until I got a new computer - Picture It is NOT compatible with Windows 7 so I switched to Printmaster Platinum which is awesome.

Thanks for the responses guys :) I'm not quite ready to make my labels for Christmas, but I think I might get some to play around with in the meantime.

I use which are good quality and relatively inexpensive.

My issue is (with the round labels) that the templates and/or measurements they give you rarely match up and you get a lot of misaligned printing SO test printing them on paper and holding it up to the light overtop of the label sheet to you can make sure they align.

But this is only an issue with the round ones so far.

As for soap bands, I used Microsoft Picture It until I got a new computer- Picture It is NOT compatible with Windows 7 so I switched to Printmaster Platinum which is awesome.
We are progressing along on our colour label project (labels on clear acrylic hard plastic cubes for candy) at this point, our test results have not been great using our Brother laser printer. It has had substantial use and is probably not up to the job, quality-wise.

The paper we will be test printing on is;
OL177WR - Removable White Matte (Laser and Inkjet)
OL177WS - White Gloss (Laser Only)
OL177LP - Weatherproof Polyester Laser (Laser Only)

I noticed in the past you have recommended the HP Color LaserJet M252dw and HP Color LaserJet M452dn. These don’t seem to be available on the HP Canada site anymore.

Can you recommend a couple of newer models of laser printers that would work well on the above sticker/label papers and give a professional result? We will be cutting the labels with a Cricut machine if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

We are progressing along on our colour label project (labels on clear acrylic hard plastic cubes for candy) at this point, our test results have not been great using our Brother laser printer. It has had substantial use and is probably not up to the job, quality-wise.

The paper we will be test printing on is;
OL177WR - Removable White Matte (Laser and Inkjet)
OL177WS - White Gloss (Laser Only)
OL177LP - Weatherproof Polyester Laser (Laser Only)

I noticed in the past you have recommended the HP Color LaserJet M252dw and HP Color LaserJet M452dn. These don’t seem to be available on the HP Canada site anymore.

Can you recommend a couple of newer models of laser printers that would work well on the above sticker/label papers and give a professional result of shipping label printer? We will be cutting the labels with a Cricut machine if that matters.

Thanks in advance.
no response

Latest posts

Back