Need help with a soap recipe for chemo patient

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctay122

Reaction score
My uncle has liver cancer and his wife said he is experiencing extremely dry itchy skin from chemo and I am looking for a soap recipe that will help make him more comfortable. If anyone has made soap for a chemo patient and would be willing to share please contact me here on this public forum or by pm. Thank you so much!

Thank you. His cancer is terminal and I want to do something to help him feel better.

I would send you my last bar if you want. Then you won't have to wait for a cure!

I've been thinking about this myself. My aunt is having chemo again and was hospitalised for 3 days with a shocking rash after chemo. It must be just horrible going through the itch and pain as well as everything else. :(

I am currently going through Radiation and Chemo (second round) and I have been experimenting with recipes as well for my dry skin! I find that most of the recipes that are at least 40% Olive Oil have helped me alot. Here is the recipe that I have come up with.

50% Olive Oil
20% Palm Kernel Flakes
10% Shea Butter
10% Soybean Oil
10% Castor Oil

This bar is very conditioning and creamy. I hope this recipes helps your family member. I will be finished my Chemo in August and I can't wait.

What about a 100% olive oil bar? That is supposed to be great for sensitive skin.
I have one that I make unscented and with fresh milk which gives nice bubbles (surprising for a castille from my experience). Good luck with your soap.

Erin

Hemp Seed Oil is also fantastic for severe skin conditions. It's generally used at 3 - 30%.

Sending best wishes your Uncle's way :)

Goat's Milk soaps are fabulous - no fragrance.

Try a high olive oil soap

- 75% Olive Oil
- 15% Coconut Oil
- 5% Castor Oil
- 5% Hemp Oil

If you want you can some honey - this is the bar that I have made for a dear friend who had terminal cancer (died 1 year ago this past October) and it helped with her skin and because there was no fragrance it didn't irritate her sense of smell.

As time went on with her radiation treatments towards the end I was making her a light lotion with kokum butter, sweet almond oil and hemp oil. I used 3% lavender/chamomile essential oils to help with the Radiation burns.... She was able to handle the fragrance and she found it relaxed her.

What you are wanting to do is a gift which will help you as much as your Uncle and Aunt.

Cheers

ikindred said:
I am currently going through Radiation and Chemo (second round) and I have been experimenting with recipes as well for my dry skin! I find that most of the recipes that are at least 40% Olive Oil have helped me alot. Here is the recipe that I have come up with.

50% Olive Oil
20% Palm Kernel Flakes
10% Shea Butter
10% Soybean Oil
10% Castor Oil

This bar is very conditioning and creamy. I hope this recipes helps your family member. I will be finished my Chemo in August and I can't wait.

Thank you for sharing "ikindred". God Bless. :wink:

Thank you to everyone who has contributed recipes for chemo soap! I do appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back