HELP with shampoo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdarArt

Reaction score
Hi!
I need some help please!
I need to find or make a shampoo for my partner.
Dermatologist said he has seborreic dermatitis, but none of the shampoos prescrived help, and he's starting to loose hair due to this.
They are very itchy, and they get all dry.

Does anyone know what this actually is, and any shampoo recommendations?

Thank you so much in advance

Attachments

• photo_2024-02-14_12-22-36.jpg
    photo_2024-02-14_12-22-36.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 0
There are a lot of shampoos on the market for this condition. I have never used any of them, so can't recommend one. If you want to make you own shampoo, I would choose one of the most popular shampoos and try to duplicate the ingredients.

Sorry to go a little off-topic from your question, but have you researched any dietary recommendations for this condition? If not, I recommend that, as diet can have a significant effect on most skin conditions.

Beyond that, you might try making a very, very mild syndet bar without a lot of ingredients in it, maybe like this one. I make something like this for a friend's son who has struggled with scalp issues, and add a bit of tea tree EO and lavender EO to it, as well.

Good luck - it can take a lot of researching and experimenting to find what works for each person!

Latest posts

Back