My new packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. Lots of info without being busy or cluttered. Do you have ingredients on the back?
Thank you! Yes - ingredients are on the back....along with description

It'll catch my eye for sure if it were sitting on a shelf near me. And the colorful paper contrasts very well with the black n white label.. Love it!

I agree with this, and also curious now what the other scents/colors look like hehe.. Same pattern but different color? Different pattern altogether?
Ask and you shall receive! I mocked up two more. The one in the middle (green) is scanned and printed as one sheet rather than a wrap and separate label.
A6D56FF3-B68B-4188-8ACA-AE12A31C9E1B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d buy it. Very nice. Reminds me of products I’ve seen at Bath and Bodyworks, but small batch charm.
Thank you. I hope I haven’t inadvertently copied Bath and Bodyworks! I’m gonna go check out their site. It may be back to the computer drawing board for me!

Thank you. I hope I haven’t inadvertently copied Bath and Bodyworks! I’m gonna go check out their site. It may be back to the computer drawing board for me!
I just checked them out and yes, similar but different. Theirs is more background less label and mine is the opposite. My logo is pretty prominent and their is super small. I’m ok! I was scared for a minute!
5F6B1791-D609-488F-B9A4-36F9C93DE77A.jpeg

LOL. No, no, no. I meant that figuratively....like something you might see there or Crabtree and Evelyn. (Are those even still things? I can’t remember the last time I walked into a mall.)

I don't think that should stop you though.. Printed paper isn't new, and I think yours really look lovely. Maybe you'll think up another marketing gimmick?

There's a gal here who uses only recycled gift wrapping paper for example and it's written on her label. If you buy from her and "donate" paper you get a discount. But that means nothing matches. And it's not soap she sells but it's a good gimmick.

Edit:
Ah I see you've seen theirs. I'm glad you're not going back to the drawing board then :)

Thank you very much!

There are a couple of reasons that I cover the soap.

Protection - in transport better and soap stays protected from grubby fingers.

No need to expose- if customer purchases in a store - there is a sample to feel, see,smell. They purchase something already wrapped and pretty. If purchased online they can’t feel or smell it and I would have a picture of unwrapped soap on the webpage.

More professional looking - it creates a cohesive message with my branding. I feel it feels and looks more luxurious when it’s wrapped.

I can’t think of a good reason to expose the soap....other than it’s usually done that way (it isn’t by the way). I know people at craft fairs leave exposed and that’s fine if that’s your brand. It’s not mine and I like a finished, polished look. It makes a prettier gift in my opinion and I can charge more for the soap.
All excellent points.
I love the packaging.
It is recyclable too!
I would not buy an unwrapped soap.
Great work.

Hi! First- It is gorgeous. I agree that I'd like to see the soap but you have eplained how that will happen.
You asked for feedback so here's what I notice from a visual/ design perspective: The square bullets between "fresh . Natural. Simple" are two different sizes. You might want to make those equal. Also- I've heard that too many type styles is not advised. You might reconsider simplifying yours. Do think the old fashioned typewriter font is current and good- Also the White Birch font.
These are just hings to consider. Overall fantastic job, though!

Hi! First- It is gorgeous. I agree that I'd like to see the soap but you have eplained how that will happen.
You asked for feedback so here's what I notice from a visual/ design perspective: The square bullets between "fresh . Natural. Simple" are two different sizes. You might want to make those equal. Also- I've heard that too many type styles is not advised. You might reconsider simplifying yours. Do think the old fashioned typewriter font is current and good- Also the White Birch font.
These are just hings to consider. Overall fantastic job, though!
Thank you! Great points to consider. I missed the square bullets sizing - great catch. Regarding the 4 fonts - I generally agree to limit to 3 - but in this case, to convey handmade, craft, artisan - I went with 4 - the typewriter font being the latest addition. I don’t want it to look too polished. But now that you’ve caught it - I may have to re-think my perspective. Thank you!

Thank you! Yes - ingredients are on the back....along with description

Ask and you shall receive! I mocked up two more. The one in the middle (green) is scanned and printed as one sheet rather than a wrap and separate label.
View attachment 36317

I like variety pack even more!

Im interested in ur creation proc. Did u hire someone to design ur labels (like and old friend from Imagineering) or did u just research soap labels and combine a bunch of elements from ur research? Do u have a graphics/design bkgrnd?

Beautiful packaging. I think the covered soaps is a much more professional look but it also depends on what your market is.

I like variety pack even more!

Im interested in ur creation proc. Did u hire someone to design ur labels (like and old friend from Imagineering) or did u just research soap labels and combine a bunch of elements from ur research? Do u have a graphics/design bkgrnd?
Thanks, Dean! My creation process is all me and experience from my background. I pulled elements from different methods I’ve seen during research. I shared packaging with friends and solicited feedback. This is now the 5th version and there may be one more to go before I put it to bed.

The packaging is lovely. It makes the product seem more upscale. Do you hand wrap the soap yourself?
Thank you! I do wrap by hand which is ok for now but I will need to explore other options going forward. I saw a little jig/machine that someone created that sped the process up so I may look into that a bit more. If I can find the YouTube link again I will share here.

Beautiful packaging. I think the covered soaps is a much more professional look but it also depends on what your market is.
Thank you! I agree. There are some brands that keep it in log form and it when sold they cut it. This wouldn’t work for that type of sale.

Thank you! I do wrap by hand which is ok for now but I will need to explore other options going forward. I saw a little jig/machine that someone created that sped the process up so I may look into that a bit more. If I can find the YouTube link again I will share here.
Here is the link to the little wrapping jig/machine that someone created. I may devise something similar to speed up the process. It’s pretty cool! Credit given to Tyars Media for the idea...don’t know them but I like their idea!

I like your idea of printing the whole label, then you can control the design 100% and eliminate the step of pasting the white "info" portion.

One thing I have found, however, with some inks, if hands are a bit damp or greasy, the ink smears or comes off on fingers. I am sure this could be solved with different ink - but you might want to check these out under some "less than clean" fingers to see what happens. This may be ink or printer dependent - not sure.

There has been a lot of research that indicates that many buy soap by smell - so the ability to smell through the packaging is super - well done!

Thank you very much!

There are a couple of reasons that I cover the soap.

Protection - in transport better and soap stays protected from grubby fingers.

No need to expose- if customer purchases in a store - there is a sample to feel, see,smell. They purchase something already wrapped and pretty. If purchased online they can’t feel or smell it and I would have a picture of unwrapped soap on the webpage.

More professional looking - it creates a cohesive message with my branding. I feel it feels and looks more luxurious when it’s wrapped.

I can’t think of a good reason to expose the soap....other than it’s usually done that way (it isn’t by the way). I know people at craft fairs leave exposed and that’s fine if that’s your brand. It’s not mine and I like a finished, polished look. It makes a prettier gift in my opinion and I can charge more for the soap.

I'll say it again...beautiful. I like the different (but coordinating) colors on the different soaps. Understand about the reasons for wrapping. I think I've been so enraptured with looking at and smelling the soap I've been making that I wasn't thinking about the practicalities of shipping and selling them, nor the marketing. I don't aspire to sell my soap. Gasp.

I like your idea of printing the whole label, then you can control the design 100% and eliminate the step of pasting the white "info" portion.

One thing I have found, however, with some inks, if hands are a bit damp or greasy, the ink smears or comes off on fingers. I am sure this could be solved with different ink - but you might want to check these out under some "less than clean" fingers to see what happens. This may be ink or printer dependent - not sure.

There has been a lot of research that indicates that many buy soap by smell - so the ability to smell through the packaging is super - well done!
Thanks, Clarice! I use color laser so no worries about smearing. I also use the laser on waterproof paper(film) for sugar scrubs labeling and it works great in the shower too!

Here is the link to the little wrapping jig/machine that someone created. I may devise something similar to speed up the process.

It might be worth it to print subtle alignment lines on the reverse side of the paper so it speeds up lining up the soap.

Latest posts

Back