My first big wholesale order :-)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meeplesoap

Reaction score
I am so glad I read all the articles out there about selling locally, because it turned me on to the interest in local ingredients! After testing out my product, I took it around to some tourist-y places today and got some very positive feedback and interest! My very first large order - for a date sugar & agave soap - 400 bars to start with, and 600 bars per month starting in November!!

I am glad I set a reasonable wholesale price (which they didn't blink at) otherwise I'd be making tons of soap and getting paid next to nothing for it otherwise.

Very happy day indeed! :)

Wow, that is exciting. I have to ask - what is date sugar and agave soap? A fragrance? Soap made with date sugar and agave syrup? Got my curiosity going. Congratulations!

Are those full sized bars, or smaller hotel sized? Either way, that is a fantastic order!

They are for 4 oz bars. It's soap made with California ingredients; avocado oil, date sugar, goat's milk, and agave syrup. I ordered more molds and already use a very large pot, so with masterbatching I can comfortably make 80 bars a day*, if I want to push it or I have a stretch of time off, I can double that.

We bought a five bedroom house expecting to have children, but then found out we couldn't so we have room to spare inside. :) I just have to get some shelves put together tomorrow and get started!

*80 bars in 4 hours with waiting for everything to cool, and I assume I will continue to have other errands and responsibilities.

Congratulations. That is a good size order. I know I would never want to soap that much every month. Man have 800 bars curing is alot. I would not handle the smell all the time. LOL

Back