My 1st cold process batch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Larios

Reaction score
Hello everyone I finally made my first batch of soap. Its unscented and un colored looks good so far just need to wait for it to cure. We will see how it turns out

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1384573970.802789.jpg

They look really good, congratulations.
I'm just thinking back to my first batch... wish I had a photo to post here because they just looked awful! (Poor mold choice, cut unevenly, were really crumbly...) So to me, yours look ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!

I agree the soap looks great - very creamy looking. I occasionally like to do an unscented & uncolored batch. I sometimes prefer to use a Plain Jane bar plus they're nice for rebatching.

You're gonna be an awesome soaper! What beautiful cuts! Way better than my first soap lol

Yes, what amazingly even slices! You either have a very steady hand or a nice cutting guide!

Thanks
I used a ruler and scored each side of the bar in 1 inch markings them when I had both sides done I matched up the two lines and cut it! But I do want to try and make my own soap cutter

beautiful soap :)

thinking back to my 1st batch, i had too much i wanted to do (layers, cocoa powder), i couldn't restraint myself. ended up with a nasty batch coz i was using too much cocoa powder, i thought, hey why not use more, the more the merrier.

eeeekkk, NOT :D the layer separated, and till now the layer with the cocoa is still kinda wet, LOL

learned my lesson now... less is more

Wow! You're a natural born soaper. Beautiful. Much better looking than my first soap. My bars were so full of tiny bubbles. Still is kind of an issue for me :problem:.

What's the best way to clean up the edges of the soap? Should I clean it up right after I cut it? Or wait till it cures?

Thanks

Wow! Those look great! :grin:

My soap are generally soft because I prefer them to be more conditioning. If they look rough, I just use my finger to smooth the edges after I cut them. But I'm lazy and always try to find the easiest way to do something.

Back