When to add certain additives to my HP milk soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapanic17

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have a few questions about my hot process goat milk soap process... First, I know that goat milk soap will naturally be darker because of the lye-milk interacting differently, but I want to swirl the soap with different clays, so should I add the clays at trace or after cook? Should I also mix it with water to mix up clumps because of the clay? In the past, I have tried mixing in the clays but the colors didn't show up quite as I liked, so have looked into titanium dioxide. When should I add this and how much for a batch? My batches are usually around 2 pounds. Also, any tips and processes on how to successfully swirl hot process milk soap would be greatly appreciated! Thank yall so much!

I asked my questions on here because I wanted to hear about other goat milk soap makers processes and tips on getting a soap bar white and take on color. If I got my answer on google, I wouldn't have came here! 😳 😂lol
I have seen that post and have even bookmarked it and other pages from Modern Soapmaking and other blogs. But if you have done goat milk soap before, please pass on some tips! lol

Latest posts

Back