Liners?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: liners

honor435 said:
I use contact paper, 2 pieces, no taping, SO easy, make one going the short way, the other piece the long way, place the long skinny one on top of the other piece, i posted a pic somwhere, serious it takes 20 seconds to cut, and you can wash and reuse.

I was always wondering, if its just the two pieces placed on on top of the other, isn't there leaking of soap batter out of the liner?

I use parchment paper and could probably reuse it if I were careful. I line a wooden mold. I put in two pieces and don't do anything fancy for the corners. Does it leak around the corners? Just a little bit, but my mold is tight and its no big deal. I think I've read where people coat the inside of their wooden mold with petroleum jelly, plastic bags (from grocery store or walmart), oily paper towels, gee, I think anything but aluminum foil might work. (snicker)

JackiK said:
I'm so excited. I found the high heat mylar at Hobby Lobby a couple of days ago for $3.39 a sheet. it's more than enough to line a 15" mold. Can't wait to give it a go.

Tried the mylar. Didn't work for me. Maybe I bought the wrong kind. I'm going to check for the other material, the plastic cardboard-looking stuff. Sounds like it might be better.

Latest posts

Back