Let's see those "masterpieces"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my 3rd attempt at cp and my first column pour. Proof positive that "less is more" I call it "gazpacho." You will probably call it a mess, but there are a couple of truly redeeming pieces in there. It was made with about 25% palm, 25% coconut, 25% canola, 20% olive, and 5% castor.

Soap 3 Gazpacho.jpg

Here's my 3rd attempt at cp and my first column pour. Proof positive that "less is more" I call it "gazpacho." You will probably call it a mess, but there are a couple of truly redeeming pieces in there. It was made with about 25% palm, 25% coconut, 25% canola, 20% olive, and 5% castor.

Love it! I was born in the wrong generation (80's acid wash and pastels) I fully support the tie-dye effect!

Wow, you're not afraid of colour, lol. I definitely prefer the plainer bars, but the first soap in the second row looks like there's a flower in it. Gorgeous!!

Oh and: that's a good recipe too. You're going to love that soap.

Wow, you're not afraid of colour, lol. I definitely prefer the plainer bars, but the first soap in the second row looks like there's a flower in it. Gorgeous!!

Oh and: that's a good recipe too. You're going to love that soap.

Being new, it really was a "study in color." As I say "less is more." The best I could get from the brick red oxide was that muddy tomato color. I was hoping for something more vibrant. Is the only option for truly crisp, vibrant color transparent soap?

That's amazing! and your 3rd attempt?!
I've not gone beyond using one extra colour and my swirls didn't turn out as well as yours! What did you use to swirl?

That's amazing! and your 3rd attempt?!
I've not gone beyond using one extra colour and my swirls didn't turn out as well as yours! What did you use to swirl?

Thank you! It was a 4-color column swirl using a 4-sided glass vase as the column. Each color was an iron oxide dissolved in 1oz or so of the total oils. The mold was a rectangle fashioned using corrugated plastic per the instructions from the YouTube I posted earlier this week. I gelled the soap in the oven for about an hour (the plastic came out fine btw). Only criticisms/concerns thus far are that I used WAY too little EO and three days later it still feels a little greasy to me, but that cold be due to the gelling.

As I said, I'm new to this. I started playing with soap as a "survival skill." I've been teaching myself about gardening, woodworking/carpentry, canning and now soap making. The colors are just a side benefit and bi of aristic expression Not sure what I am going to do with all this soap!!!

Back