Lemon Tea Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonkaz

Reaction score
I had a plan ... and I didn't get close to it ... but the smell of the lemon and tea tree is divine!
lemonteainmoulds470.jpg

lemonteaoutofmouldsclos.jpg

lemonteacutsideview470.jpg

lemonteacutupclose2470.jpg

I had planned to make flower patterns on top of the bars of plain soap, but the plain soap became thick much quicker than I expected. The soap I mixed with mica at thin trace, kinda rolled off the 'waves' of the thick trace soap, when I gently squeezed it out of the sauce bottles. So instead I covered the 'flowers' with patterns and on the other log I teased up the top. Still having fun, but not real happy with the look.

I took some cut bars to work ... and some colleagues said they loved them. I still don't ... but now that I've had a play with mica, ghee I've got more ideas ... and some may not work ... but hey ... if it still smells great ... I think I'll be happy!

Love it! Tea tree is one of my favorite EOs. It's all my guy will use. Did you use pop micas?

I love those color combos, good for you!
Playing with decorating ideas is soooooo much fun.
They look like birthday cakes on top & they are making me crave cup cakes.

I love them too! Tree Tree and Citrus are so uplifting. My fav scents. Sometimes the plan doesnt work but you get an awesome result.

Unusual colours Kaz, they look great, if the masses like them then your on a winner.

Relle.

They look lovely. Sometimes I have to remind myself that regardless how it turns out, it's still wonderful soap...

The colours are - grape pop mica, lemon drop pop mica and red oxide.

The pop micas still look great, but the red oxide has faded and looks like it has developed ash in places.

I don't like these colours ... purple is my most favourite colour and the purple on this soap looks amazing and the yellow is ok, but the red just doesn't do it for me.

Think I will buy a blue and a green ... so if next time the flowers don't work I can try something different! lol!!!

Very cool soap. The great thing about soap is that even if it doesn't turn out how you want, heck it can even be ugly and if it smells good it IS good. I have a few batches that I wouldn't give away but they smell great and work fine. Don't tell anyone that they aren't what you wanted and they will think you're super talented.

I fly home to New Zealand tomorrow ... my Mum is expected to die very soon.

So my soaps have a couple more weeks to cure without me desperate to test them.

I may get to catchup while I'm away ... but if not ... I'll definitely be back in two weeks.

Hugs Dragonkaz will miss your posts..............sorry to hear I know that it dosent matter how long we have had our Mum's their parting is never easy so take care and I pray for some special time with your Mum

Latest posts

Back