I made a mistake (again)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had been planning a garden-type soap and so I made some soap dough flowers and roses To place on top. The flowers have cured HARD.

Mindlessly I made my loaf and then started placing the flowers Willy Nilly on top without looking at my notes. (Pics attached). I set the batch aside and went to bed. However….3 AM my eyes popped open in a panic because I meant to cut the bars first THEN add the flowers to each bar with some frosting.

So needless to say the flowers did not appreciate being chopped apart.

I tried to cut the bars around the flowers but now some bars are about 2 inches thick while others are just terrible.

So disappointed in my mindlessness

Attachments

• IMG_2103.jpeg
    IMG_2103.jpeg
    490.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2098.jpeg
    IMG_2098.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I had been planning a garden-type soap and so I made some soap dough flowers and roses To place on top. The flowers have cured HARD.

Mindlessly I made my loaf and then started placing the flowers Willy Nilly on top without looking at my notes. (Pics attached). I set the batch aside and went to bed. However….3 AM my eyes popped open in a panic because I meant to cut the bars first THEN add the flowers to each bar with some frosting.

So needless to say the flowers did not appreciate being chopped apart.

I tried to cut the bars around the flowers but now some bars are about 2 inches thick while others are just terrible.

So disappointed in my mindlessness
I have some idea how you feel (and the middle-of-the-night awakening is something I experience!) but the soaps are gorgeous!!

Latest posts

Back