Black bear soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In November I extruded all the parts for a bear and put him together. 20231112_210018.jpgThis past weekend I finally had the time to do all the calculations and make some soap. 20240123_123632.jpgDrawing out the life sized soap design on graft paper and using percentages to figure out what percent of each color was needed. I placed a drawing on each end of the loaf mold, one was colored, the other was only a line drawing. 20240122_131718.jpg Saturday night I had everything under the bear and the bear sitting in place. Sunday the bushes and sky went in. The sky is Nurturesoap.com SkyBlue and with just a touch of neon blue pigment . It was divided and TD was added to some of it with an ITPS, that was put in a squirt bottle. The other part of the sky batter had ciaglia pieces added, in fall colors. Both were put in in layers and mixed just a bit. The green hadn't set up yet and i was concerned if I waited for it to set up the sky would start getting thick also, so I quirted the blue sky into the area that the green needed to be removed from. It worked pretty good and because the blue was very fluid it went in around the bear nicely. The leaves on top are from a Joann fabrics mold, with Nurturesoap.com my red obsession and yellow vibrance. 20240123_130852.jpgAnd now I'm quite chuffed also!

In November I extruded all the parts for a bear and put him together. View attachment 76201This past weekend I finally had the time to do all the calculations and make some soap. View attachment 76202Drawing out the life sized soap design on graft paper and using percentages to figure out what percent of each color was needed. I placed a drawing on each end of the loaf mold, one was colored, the other was only a line drawing. View attachment 76203 Saturday night I had everything under the bear and the bear sitting in place. Sunday the bushes and sky went in. The sky is Nurturesoap.com SkyBlue and with just a touch of neon blue pigment . It was divided and TD was added to some of it with an ITPS, that was put in a squirt bottle. The other part of the sky batter had ciaglia pieces added, in fall colors. Both were put in in layers and mixed just a bit. The green hadn't set up yet and i was concerned if I waited for it to set up the sky would start getting thick also, so I quirted the blue sky into the area that the green needed to be removed from. It worked pretty good and because the blue was very fluid it went in around the bear nicely. The leaves on top are from a Joann fabrics mold, with Nurturesoap.com my red obsession and yellow vibrance. View attachment 76204And now I'm quite chuffed also!

If I took the time to do all this, I would be charging at least $30 a bar, I kid you not. I hope you are selling these at a good, hefty price!

If I took the time to do all this, I would be charging at least $30 a bar, I kid you not. I hope you are selling these at a good, hefty price!
Thank you so much!! I don't sell. I have given some to charities for auctions though. Four bars went for over $200 US. The rest go to family.

Thank you so much!! I don't sell. I have given some to charities for auctions though. Four bars went for over $200 US. The rest go to family.

Good to hear! :) I will be doing some work with some local organizations this year or next as well. Have been talking to some local people I met recently who asked me if I was interested in doing this. Looking at your soaps gives me some ideas of how I might want to incorporate some of my design ideas for that purpose.

EDIT: I initially thought somebody used bear grease to make their soap & got all excited! LOL 😂 Nonetheless, your post has gotten my wheels turning 😁

Good to hear! :) I will be doing some work with some local organizations this year or next as well. Have been talking to some local people I met recently who asked me if I was interested in doing this. Looking at your soaps gives me some ideas of how I might want to incorporate some of my design ideas for that purpose.

EDIT: I initially thought somebody used bear grease to make their soap & got all excited! LOL 😂 Nonetheless, your post has gotten my wheels turning 😁
If I had bear grease I'd try it. It does have a tiny bit of deer tallow in it.

These are beyond fabulous! Your little bear is so cute.
Thank you, so much!!

These are amazing! 🤩😍
Thank you, so much!!

I love him. Such patience and artistry - well done you.
Thank you, he was fun to make and exciting to cut!!

That little bear and your final soap is over the top darling - so well done!
You are so sweet, thank you!!

Oh wow! I love it
Thank you so much!

Really impressive! And, I immediately remembered your other fabulous creature! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Awe thanks! They are all fun to create.

In November I extruded all the parts for a bear and put him together. View attachment 76201This past weekend I finally had the time to do all the calculations and make some soap. View attachment 76202Drawing out the life sized soap design on graft paper and using percentages to figure out what percent of each color was needed. I placed a drawing on each end of the loaf mold, one was colored, the other was only a line drawing. View attachment 76203 Saturday night I had everything under the bear and the bear sitting in place. Sunday the bushes and sky went in. The sky is Nurturesoap.com SkyBlue and with just a touch of neon blue pigment . It was divided and TD was added to some of it with an ITPS, that was put in a squirt bottle. The other part of the sky batter had ciaglia pieces added, in fall colors. Both were put in in layers and mixed just a bit. The green hadn't set up yet and i was concerned if I waited for it to set up the sky would start getting thick also, so I quirted the blue sky into the area that the green needed to be removed from. It worked pretty good and because the blue was very fluid it went in around the bear nicely. The leaves on top are from a Joann fabrics mold, with Nurturesoap.com my red obsession and yellow vibrance. View attachment 76204And now I'm quite chuffed also!
That bear is fantastic... Amazing soap... I wonder how you made the bear parts. I read that you pushed the parts out, I don't understand what you mean by that. I like this type of soap and am interested in the different techniques to achieve it.

Latest posts

Back