Black bear soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bear is fantastic... Amazing soap... I wonder how you made the bear parts. I read that you pushed the parts out, I don't understand what you mean by that. I like this type of soap and am interested in the different techniques to achieve it.
I use a sausage maker and disks that I made on my scoll saw out of 1/8" thick cutting board. 20240125_220245.jpg20240125_215756.jpgThe top disk is the head of the bear, the left disk is the back leg. The right disk is the front left leg, snout and the right leg, there is a thin yellow piece I used to cover some of the holes in that disk. When trying to push soap dough through more than one hole it doesn't go evenly. There are 2 small disks that are cut out with a craft knife and scissors from those thin plastic cutting boards that all seem to warp now. The little disks fit into an extruder used for polymer clay. I also used a scraper that was cut out of the same thin cutting board plastic, it shaped the first layer so the rocks could be squirted in place.
I would suggest starting with a small extruder and doing something like an animal or bird with a distinct shape. There are other videos that show some amazing landscapes just from squirt bottles.
Lisa Cunningham(I Dream in soap) has a lot of videos with all kinds of info to help! Lisa has a store and sells disks that she and her husband make, she also has a large extruder at a reasonable price. If you have more questions just ask.
Are you Lisa Cunningham in disguise?? 😄 That looks amazing!
Lol, thank you! I love Lisa's creative ideas and sense of adventure...I wish I could Giggle like her! No, but I watched a lot of her videos, thinking I'll never be able to do that! I'm hoping if we get a 3D printer the pieces will be more accurate, well after I learn to use it properly.

I use a sausage maker and disks that I made on my scoll saw out of 1/8" thick cutting board. View attachment 76242View attachment 76243The top disk is the head of the bear, the left disk is the back leg. The right disk is the front left leg, snout and the right leg, there is a thin yellow piece I used to cover some of the holes in that disk. When trying to push soap dough through more than one hole it doesn't go evenly. There are 2 small disks that are cut out with a craft knife and scissors from those thin plastic cutting boards that all seem to warp now. The little disks fit into an extruder used for polymer clay. I also used a scraper that was cut out of the same thin cutting board plastic, it shaped the first layer so the rocks could be squirted in place.
I would suggest starting with a small extruder and doing something like an animal or bird with a distinct shape. There are other videos that show some amazing landscapes just from squirt bottles.
Lisa Cunningham(I Dream in soap) has a lot of videos with all kinds of info to help! Lisa has a store and sells disks that she and her husband make, she also has a large extruder at a reasonable price. If you have more questions just ask.

Lol, thank you! I love Lisa's creative ideas and sense of adventure...I wish I could Giggle like her! No, but I watched a lot of her videos, thinking I'll never be able to do that! I'm hoping if we get a 3D printer the pieces will be more accurate, well after I learn to use it properly.
Amazing, that's incredible creativity. Thanks for the explanation, this is the first time I see this... Really good work!

You lost ,e at 'extruded', LOL! What incredible work!
Thanks!! It is a lot to wrap your head around! It's been swimming around in my head for months and at times i got confused... wondering if I did the math right.

Wow, I love this sweet little bear soap!
Thank you so much!!

I use a sausage maker and disks that I made on my scoll saw out of 1/8" thick cutting board. View attachment 76242View attachment 76243The top disk is the head of the bear, the left disk is the back leg. The right disk is the front left leg, snout and the right leg, there is a thin yellow piece I used to cover some of the holes in that disk. When trying to push soap dough through more than one hole it doesn't go evenly. There are 2 small disks that are cut out with a craft knife and scissors from those thin plastic cutting boards that all seem to warp now. The little disks fit into an extruder used for polymer clay. I also used a scraper that was cut out of the same thin cutting board plastic, it shaped the first layer so the rocks could be squirted in place.

What WHAT?? Even more work put into this ⁉️ A SCROLL SAW?? ❓ ❓

OMG...... 🤯 😲

I can see myself going down a slippery slope with something like this, because that is my nature 😂

Latest posts

Back