I made soap yesterday.....it was so bad....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbrown123

Reaction score
It was the smell.... I wasn't thrilled about it but my son ran out in the cold screaming "that is the stinkiest thing you have ever made!" I had to throw him his coat. He would not come back in the house until I moved the curing soap to my craft room. My husband does not like it at all and I am seriously thinking about trashing it completely. I ordered the fragrance when BB was having a sale. I thought it was safe I mean how can you mess up cucumber and melon? It had a good review on the Peak chart. I have 6 more ounces if anyone wants to work out a swap. I can't have my family turn on me.:oops:

Perhaps lard or tallow? I was playing around with those as well as testing samples in my new small molds.

Huh, I have BB's (Cybilla) cucumber and melon. I wasnt that impressed with it OOB or right after the soap was in the mold, but I didn't dislike it either (and nobody ran screaming). After a good cure I became quite fond of it, and it was popular with my friends. The recipe I used was a basic OO/CO/Palm soap.

Interesting. I have that exact scent and it gave me no problems at all. I don't use animal fats though so maybe that's the issue. I'm not a big cucumber melon fan but I make it because so many of my daughter's friends love it. It never had a sprinting-off-in-the-snow reaction for anyone here, lol.

HAha! My daughter gagged and refused to stay within three rooms of a recent soap I made too! (Lemon Eucalyptus EO) Funny how smells can be so unique to each of us!!

I noticed with my lard soap,I love vetiver essential oil but when put it in the soap. I don't like the smell it makes me nauseous. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1422067489.062400.jpg

Back