Hi from Zimbabwe!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitterz

Reaction score
Hi all,

A bit about me, I was born and raised in Zimbabwe moved to the UK in 2001, was absolutely miserable for 10 years and finally came home to the sunshine!!

I love all arts and crafts and have decided to try my hand at soap making, maybe eventually, if I am lucky, it will supplement my income! My grandmother used to make basic soap for cleaning in the house, I never did see her making it, just the finished product.

I will confess that I have not yet made my first batch, still trying to gather all the equipment I might need (things are stupid expensive in this place) but I am nearly there! I am hoping to start in the next day or so. . . .wish me luck :)

Welcome. Fair warning there's no going back!!!!! It's an addiction.

Hello!! :wave:

Don't forget to post pictures of your first soap! We love looking at pictures of soaps almost as much as we love making them. :)

Hi kitterz, welcome. Where in Zimbabwe do you live? I lived there for a couple years 1999-00 in a little village called Garaba (closest town of any size=Marondera.)

Fambai zvakanaka.....

Welcome! it will be interesting to see how the Zimbabwe culture will affect your artistry in the soap, when you get soaping under your belt that is!

Hi kitterz, welcome. Where in Zimbabwe do you live? I lived there for a couple years 1999-00 in a little village called Garaba (closest town of any size=Marondera.)

Fambai zvakanaka.....

Mangwanani :)

I live in Harare, not where I grew up though, we moved around a lot when I was a child, my dad being a seasonal farm manager. Did you enjoy Zim? A lot has changed since 1999 -00 but it is still home. Am sure family and friends will love the soaps. . .when I eventually get there :)

Latest posts

Back