Hi from Chicagoland!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! And thanks for having me! I thought I'd jump in here, since I've been lurking a couple weeks.

A little about myself, I'm a registered nurse and paramedic currently employed as a hospital administrator and emergency room director for a hospital in Chicago. I'm a first generation American from a Danish family, and I was born and raised in Oklahoma. Basically, I live in a land of deep dish pizza, wear cowboy boots, and eat cheese that most people find offensive. 🤷

I am sort of reacquainting myself with the soap making world. It was a bit of a hobby a little over a decade ago, enough of one that I made soap wedding favors when my wife and I got married. That said, after we tied the knot, I haven't touched sodium hydroxide since 🤔

So I'm trying to get back in the game! My stick blender is still running strong, same one! I've made a lot of mayonnaise and aioli since my last soap, but it's being put back to the work it was originally purchased for!

I'm really into wet shaving, so it seemed only natural I jump into shaving soaps. So I'm crafting a recipe to try out in about a week or so. I've got most of my gear and stuff together, but I thought I'd go do a pickup order at soper's choice since they are only like a 40 minute drive away from me.

I look forward to some good conversation and some good learning!

Welcome.gif

There's lots of threads about shave soap that you can browse through for inspiration when you have time. Just find the Search feature in the upper right corner of this page and type in Shave.

Welcome! My mom is from a Chicago suburb but I haven’t been there for quite a while - it’s a fun city. I work in healthcare too - I’m a lab tech but a job change in the last couple of years has given me a whole new appreciation for nurses. Thank you for what you do! I could never do it.

Latest posts

Back