Hello from Quebec

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chibilightangel

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm Jennifer from Quebec and am new to soaping. I made my first batch last weekend using the 200F for 2-3h oven method (seem to remember I saw a version of this method on here also).

I'd looked into making soap for the last 2 years but had not found the lye locally. I finally found a canadian soap supplier while browsing for other stuff and decided to get into gear and order the lye and get started.

I'm a junior civil engineer by day and overall meticulous person so I'm loving all the soap research I'm doing so that I can make soap that will please me with hopefully as few bad batches along the way as possible.

My first soap worked out relatively well. I forgot that the oven at home heats 40F hotter than it should so I believe that's the reason I had a faire amount of rising from my soap. I'm already planning another batch very soon... after all, I must feed this new obsession!!

I went with no scents or colors using the olive oil, coconut oil and lard recipe (40 oz batch).

I did rebatch a bit last night using some EO I'd ordered with my lye order... first one was a premixed EO (sensual with the following description - A balanced blend of pure essential oils.Patchouli, Coriander, Natural Musk, Ylang Ylang, Orange, Rose
INCI: Pogostemon cablin, Coriandrum sativum, Cananga odorata flower oil, Citrus senensis) which it turns out I really don't like and neither does my best friend.
I then also mixed 1 basil, 1 lavender (the numbered one) and 2 peppermint. So far I'm liking the scent.

Latest posts

Back