HBNO Natural Aromatics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! I was looking at HBNO’s site and came across their ‘Natural Aromatics’ page where they have natural fragrance oils. The description says they are plant-derived, not synthetic. Has anyone used these? If so, do you know what the ingredients of these oils are, and if they are safe for use in making CP soap? I emailed them but have not heard back yet.

Admin: please move this if I put it in the wrong place. Thank you 🙏

I don't know about HBNO specifically, but I've bought a couple of trial-size bottles of the natural fragrance oils that Bramble Berry sells. They are a bit more expensive than regular FOs, plus BB doesn't recommend their use in CP or HP soap:
However, natural fragrance oils do not work in hot or cold process soap. Some perform well, but in our tests all of the scents faded as they cured. We recommend them for everything else though, especially skincare like serums and masks.

I wonder if the ones from HBNO would have the same issue.

Here is the article from BB explaining very briefly what natural FOs are.
https://www.brambleberry.com/ingred...tial-oils/art0229-natural-fragrance-oils.html

Latest posts

Back