Guy size soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emulsion

Reaction score
I’d like to make a mechanic soap for my sons. Does anyone have thoughts on the optimal size for big boys? Thanks

I use cavity molds for mine - they're a good chunky size:
IMG_0555.JPGIMG_0558.JPG

On another forum I read (not related to soap crafting), a lot of the male participants were majorly impressed by the "Big Ass Brick" style of bar from Duke Cannon. The ingredients appear to be standard commercial soap, but the bars are 10 oz. — seems way awkward to me, but I'm not a guy and don't have large hands. Their marketing copy is heavy on the macho-man imagery.
1692977017289.png

On another forum I read (not related to soap crafting), a lot of the male participants were majorly impressed by the "Big Ass Brick" style of bar from Duke Cannon. The ingredients appear to be standard commercial soap, but the bars are 10 oz. — seems way awkward to me, but I'm not a guy and don't have large hands. Their marketing copy is heavy on the macho-man imagery.
View attachment 74228
Lol, that looks right up their alley. They are self described manly men. God love ‘em.

If it will be a shop soap that will be shared by multiple dudes or blokey-blokes or manly men, I would vote for that 10 oz brick mainly because it just seems it would last longer. I have kinda wondered this myself about all the mechanics soap I see but since I don't make any, I have kept my opinion to myself; however, I noticed you mentioned "sons", plural, so do they share a work shop or are they in separate places? I think I would still vote for the brick because mechanics do scrub a lot too

In the early days, I bought a dozen travel soap cases at Target on sale for $1.

I used them as molds to make Pah-Rum-Pah-Pah-Pum-ice Soap for all the "boys" at Christmas. Quite the manly man size soap, if I do say so myself. The bars were 9 oz. each, with a rounded oval top and ridged bottom. 😁 The cases were shiny on the outside and dull on the inside.

Similar to this one.

I lightly greased the inside. It required a precision pour into both top and bottom to get a perfect result with no gaps. Let set for a bit. Then closed them together with a rubber band. A little tricky to do, but it worked really well. I loved the size and shape of the result (Sorry. No picure.)

1693330494970.png

Top & Bottom Together
1693330561907.png

Top off; Bottom exposed.

1693330594930.png

Inside bottom & top

I still have 4 sets left. They are yours if you want to play with them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back