First "square" soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbalEarthling

Reaction score
Hey you beautiful people! I finally have a little collection of new soaps that I've made using a loaf mold. Before, all of my soaps were made using a PVC pipe mold. What do ya'll think?

Green 2.jpg

Lemon 2.jpg

Yellow 2.jpg

Thanks! I wanted the lines to be more straight, but hey, not bad for my first time layering! This is one of my favorite soaps ever! It's got eucalyptus, tea tree, lavender and a few other EO's I can't remember off the top of my head. Smells divine! I am just so excited! Lol!

I think they're gorgeous, and I like the squiggles, too! :thumbup:

Thanks so much! I had a lot of fun with the green one! I just trying to gradient from one herb to another. Indigo and spirulina I think? Can't remember off of the top of my head. :)

I like the way your green summer soap looks and I could almost smell that lemon :) Very Nice!!

Thank you! I absolutely love lemons! This one though.... the whole thing gave me a fit! I was unprepared, I'm not gonna lye (haha!). I didn't have enough castor oil so I had to redo the recipe, went to add lemon EO and realized I only had like .5 oz when I need almost 2.5 ounces so I had to substitute using lemongrass EO (which still smells awesome!). Then I couldn't get it out of the mold for like 4 days because it was so soft. Ended up that my Soapmaker program wasn't discounting the water the way I thought it was. But it cut like butter! But now it's lovely, I had to repair it a bit because bits stuck to the mold. But for as much hassle as I went through with this one, it came out nicer than I expected.

Beautiful soaps!

I like the green ones with the squiggly lines. It made me think of looking into a green valley with all the different shades. Just gorgeous!

I am a tiny bit perfectionist, and I probably would have been aiming for perfectly straight lines, also. But, truly, that soap would have not been nearly so pretty with straight lines.

Beautiful soaps!

I like the green ones with the squiggly lines. It made me think of looking into a green valley with all the different shades. Just gorgeous!

I am a tiny bit perfectionist, and I probably would have been aiming for perfectly straight lines, also. But, truly, that soap would have not been nearly so pretty with straight lines.

That's what my family keeps saying! It looks like valleys and mountains. Maybe I'll call it "Misty Mountain Forest" instead. The longer it cures now, the more some of the essential oils mellow out, allowing the citronella to really come through. Thanks so much for your compliments! Makes me feel more confident! :)

Latest posts

Back