First big error

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smee,

As long as the soap is still usable, you can't count it as a disaster LOL!

Just wait till you get the most beautiful swirl EVER, and whilst you are doing your clean up you find the fo/eo that you measured out for this batch, but promptly left out of the soap. then you have to mix the fo/eo in and your soap looks like poo instead of beautiful soap:mad: Yep, been there done that. At least the soap is still usable. One time I had a soap rice and separate a few minutes after I added the fo, and it leaked out of the mold onto the counter and from there down the front of my kitchen cabinets onto the floor. That was a disaster. I wore all of my PPE (personal protection equipment), and still somehow ended up with some minor burns from the raw soap.

thank you my dear, I already checked and it must be co due the bubbles it is not lye heavy, zap test was ok. It is dry and crumbling , and I wonder if after some cure it would be usable for the laundry powder........if it was palm oil it would not bubble would not it?

Smee,

As long as the soap is still usable, you can't count it as a disaster LOL!

Just wait till you get the most beautiful swirl EVER, and whilst you are doing your clean up you find the fo/eo that you measured out for this batch, but promptly left out of the soap. then you have to mix the fo/eo in and your soap looks like poo instead of beautiful soap:mad: Yep, been there done that. At least the soap is still usable. One time I had a soap rice and separate a few minutes after I added the fo, and it leaked out of the mold onto the counter and from there down the front of my kitchen cabinets onto the floor. That was a disaster. I wore all of my PPE (personal protection equipment), and still somehow ended up with some minor burns from the raw soap.

Hahah.

Yeah the bar seems fine and the smell is good. It just looks atrocious. I will have to photo it and bump that ugly soap thread, though I am embarrassed to even post it there. :shh:

We want to see Smee, it can't be that bad. ;) I posted mine on the ugly thread, now you have to show us yours. :)

Haha.

I will try to find the courage. Probably after I make a new batch that's actually good; then I won't feel so bad about this one and can laugh at it more. I'm very hard/critical of myself...it's a problem.

Latest posts

Back