First "big" Christmas show of 2013.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My reference to "big" means it's a 2-day show. This was a new one, so there's always the worry of "unknowns," but was well-planned and staff extremely helpful. Was in Kapuskasing ON in the French Cultural Centre. Needed a translator a few times, otherwise, my wee bit of French Canadian sufficed. Was slightly disappointed there was non-handcrafted allowed, but only three tables. My only irritant was the kid behind me selling melt & pour & rebatched store bought soap as "from scratch" soap. His parents were shilling for him. I asked him if he made cold process soap & he couldn't answer. Looked at his mother who said "I know what that is." I asked if his soap was melt & pour. No answer. His mother said "Yes and we buy rebatched." He was selling 1-2 oz bars for $6.50! My bars are 6-7.5 oz and I sell for $6.00! His parents were shilling for him while he played on an ipad. I never said a word & worked my booth from the front encouraging people to sample my body products and smell my soaps that I make the old-fashioned way. I did extremely well. Took me 4hrs to set-up my tables because it was new and I had to think about it as I set-up. :-D Another big show in Timmins, a friend's 1-day show in Cochrane and back to Kapuskasing for another big show. No more one-day shows (except my friend's). It's too much to set-up and tear-down in one day. Here are pics of my set-up.

1384813124284.jpg

1384813207811.jpg

1384813238793.jpg

Latest posts

Back