Challenging to duplicate a design!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am finally getting to a point of trying to duplicate a design of a soap I made and it’s a whole new challenge! I made a small batch the first time around and DH and some friends loved it, so I made a full size batch. Colors are the same and the look is similar but it’s not as wing looking. Anyways, here’s the new one, and a pic of the original for reference. Scent is NS Peace & Love.
New:
IMG_1625.jpeg
Original:
IMG_1448.jpeg

The wing effect is cool and possibly a one time occurrence, but I wouldn’t give up just yet!. Are these OPW-type pours? If so, here are some things I can think of to explain the different outcomes. First, the mold shape changed and the batter had more room to spread out in the original soap. I think this is a big part of the different look from one batch to the next. It’s hard to think wing 🦋 🪰🦇🧚‍♀️ when the new soap is almost square. There’s also a difference in how the colors parsed out that could relate to color proportions, or possibly the change in batch size/mold length and how the batter was layered in the pouring pot.

Latest posts

Back