Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until someone can replicate a fishnetty look, I've defaulted to the wrap theory. I tried a fluid pour with squeeze bottles but the lower layers of the soap get compressed and flattened out into circles by the upper layers. Ih that one, I tried tilting the mold so gravity might pull the soap into the more cylindrical shape but all of the bottom is thin and then without the compression, the top gets thicker shapes. The evenness of the whole thing has me perplexed. The heavy trace squeeze bottle one with fluid dark soap resulted in unevenness in the dark color and the light color comes out with too much of its own shape to make the pattern. Gah.

The saipua lady is such is go-getter and what an eye!

Have you tried to wait between layers? Maybe she was working with the really slow moving recipe and waiting for few minutes before bottom got a little bit of skin on the top. That's why, at least to me, what's on the bottom of the bar in photo looks like that was the top. White soap is definitely more spaced out and they are more round in shape. And there is more brown soap in between. It doesn't look uniform to me at all.
I so want to try it, but I'm really busy with studying until next weekend. I will try and give it a go.

It alternates so well, the white. I was thinking if you waited for the first layer to set a bit, you'd get more of a layered look, with too much straightness. Maybe not though. I hope you'll post your try when you get to it!

A soap made to look like chocolate marshmallows:

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 12.16.44 AM.jpg

I love the smooth gentle fade on the ombre soap above and the blue one on the previous page (#707.) How do people get that seamless dissemination, do you think? Even pouring at a really thin trace seems like it would produce more spikes/defined lines, if that makes sense. As I've said, I love this thread, but it sure does produce a lot of head-scratching :)

I think if you did a number of layers, say 7-8, using a bleeding color, it would give that nice smooth look after a number of weeks, after the color was allowed to bleed from layer to layer. The second blue one, with the flecks, almost looks like they did a gradient but with a liquid color that did not completely disperse in the batter, leaving little drops of color. It could also be flecks of a powder but I would guess that whatever it is, it's a bleeder.

Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 11.41.59 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely heavily bleeding colors. I think I am going to try with some of Wholesale Supplies Plus stained glass colors, they are beautiful in MP but never used them in CP b/c they are not recommended for that, I think b/c of the bleeding. Kismet, hopefully it will be one of those good unlooked for outcomes! Thanks, newbie.

I don't remember if anyone brought up fondant mats before but thinking about the fishnet soap I was wondering if you could make it work with something like this...

1433097350480.jpg

I gave away several hundred dollars (and i mean seeeeevveral) worth of cake decorating supplies when I finally decided to give up the cake decorating ghost due to the fibro. A year later I pickedup soap, and of course discovered piping and all the good cake decorating type stuff you can do, and now I am half sick at the thought of having to rebuy all that stuff. And of course with it being soap, we cannot share. Le sigh.

Love that zebra!

Some of her soaps are lovely - simple but elegant.

I'm not sure if I'm doing the challenge or not - can't decide on a design different enough

Oh yes, Kicking dirt's ass one soap at a time had one of the first pictures I posted on this! It was her orangey-yellow soap with a simple black swirl- beautiful. I don't know if the ebru challenge requirements will be for a pattern or for an actual painting, like the paintings of flowers they do. I'm waiting to see what she'll say.

This is my response to your brown with orange slice soap!!! I've been sitting on it for a while because it seems more about beautiful photography than just a picture of the soap.

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 4.44.33 AM.png

Galaxy, that soap is gorgeous. I would have been really proud of that batch and never used them, just put them on a display shelf for ever! Where was the mold from, I really like the shape?

Newbie, I can just never get over the artistry of these posts. They do give me inferiority/frustration pangs, but the inspiration is worth it.

Galaxy, that soap is gorgeous. I would have been really proud of that batch and never used them, just put them on a display shelf for ever! Where was the mold from, I really like the shape?

Newbie, I can just never get over the artistry of these posts. They do give me inferiority/frustration pangs, but the inspiration is worth it.
I didn't make those soaps! Lol. I would've been so proud of them too. They were just one of those soaps when you first start soaping and you go "wow, one day I'll achieve that!"

It was probably a silicone muffin pan though because they have a slightly flared base and are smooth on top.

Back