Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Effective single color soap. I love that color pink. Pink ultramarine, maybe?

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 4.43.51 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 11.55.34 PM.png

Ah! I have to make certain I delete that picture from my files. The top is beautiful, isn't it?

Another beauty, and another:

Screen shot 2015-02-15 at 5.54.50 PM.png

Screen shot 2015-03-19 at 10.31.44 PM.png

Last edited:
How do you think they kept the bronze swirl from oozing within the bar? When I have tried to do that by adding mica oil swirls into the bar they create these yucky little oozy pockets. Horrible elite soap artists with their impenetrable magic tricks. The resentment of the hoi polloi, I'm afraid.

How do you think they kept the bronze swirl from oozing within the bar? When I have tried to do that by adding mica oil swirls into the bar they create these yucky little oozy pockets. Horrible elite soap artists with their impenetrable magic tricks. The resentment of the hoi polloi, I'm afraid.

Maybe they mix the mica with glycerin?

Not ally, do you mean within the soap, like in the middle of a loaf mold? If you use it on top of a slab mold, it will create divots but shouldn't be oozy. If I use oils in mica in the body of a soap, I will get fine lines of the mica color but it's not the same effect as on the top. I use a god amount of mica for a small amount of oil, but it has to be enough to flow. If you use too much mica, the mix will be sludgy. Then I pour it in lines into the batter, no big puddles or anything and it will mix in when you pour or swirl. I don't know if that's helpful at all but....

For today:

Screen shot 2015-01-22 at 9.38.59 PM.jpg

Newb, I was talking about trying to make a discrete mica oil swirl within the body of the soap like the bronze one in pic #739. When I've tried, by pouring the batter, mixing mica into oil (as you would for a mica oil swirl on top of the loaf/slab) and tried to incorporate it as wispy swirls into the batter mass (carefully) it either just blends in - no sparkles - or kind of clumps and oozes from slices when they are cut. I just tried them in small test batches which I threw out, I was kind of scared of the oozy bits, so not even sure how they would have been in use. Don't know if my description makes sense, sorry.

K, the glycerin sounds like a good idea for testing. Maybe it will be more stable that way, definitely worth a try.

Now I want to figure out what is going on! If you look at Vibrant Soaps' soap with the sprinkles of gold on top in the slab mold (last pic in #732), that is about how much you sprinkle on top and then if you use a skewer and swirl lightly, it should stretch out and leave paths of color in its wake. If you overswirl, it will get lost. The oozy thing has me very curious but I wonder if you poured too much in one spot, perhaps? OMG, do you resent me? I swear I am not hoi polloi.

Another for ogling:

Screen shot 2015-03-19 at 10.29.59 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Put bubble wrap in the bottom of the mold, mix half the soap add titanium dioxide & soap sprinkles or something to show texture maybe even something exfoliating, have the mold tilted, pour in batter, let sit while mixing the rest, add mica line, divide second batch & color, spray first layer with rubbing alcohol, & do a tiger stripe? that's just my guess, at one point you would need to sit the mold level. (I've only been soaping since april, & this is how I would make this soap.

Oh my god, duh, I I just realized that pic was of a soap in a slab mold and the mica was on the top. For some reason I thought it was slices from a loaf and the swirls were from mica swirls WITHIN the soap. That was what I was talking about, trying to get those distinct sparkly swirls within the slices from a mold themselves, ie; wispy mica swirls that don't blend in. But I just realized that is not what those are. Newb, you are firmly in the elite, *I* am a member of the soaping hoi polloi. If you do anything too beautiful I will come over and riot outside of your house with a "down with the soapy elite" sign :)

Celine is a person! Her site is Iamhandmade and she does loads of videos. They can get a bit long but it's always fun to see what she gets when she cuts.

Going to the opposite end of the spectrum to rustic:

Screen shot 2015-03-19 at 10.13.58 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 12.17.31 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 12.19.16 AM.jpg

Last edited:
She is amazing. She is anot&*^& Zahida/Handmade in Florida, they both make their amazing creations seem easy peasy, post tutorials, and then you try them and they are *so* not! I love both of their work, and they are both good about sharing techniques/knowledge.

Well I definitely need to start following Celine. I already follow Zahida. They are amazing.

Funny about the rustic, I was just eyeing ones similar to those on Pinterest today. It feels like a rustic day.

Edit to add - just checked and I totally subscribe to her YouTube already...lol! I just hadn't made the connection.

Last edited:
Here's some M&P that is the reason I don't do M&P. I have no hope of ever creating something so perfect. Also, I really wouldn't want to use it. ... too perfect to mess up.

b42812cec87c9fe1657cf9889300e73e.jpg

Back