Australian red reef clay?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australian Red Reef Clay

Yes, I have used it. It bleeds. The first time I used it I dissolved 1/2 tsp in some of my warm oils and then stick blended it into the rest of the oils, before the lye. This was only a one pound batch. I easily could have used only 1/4 tsp. The soap was a gorgeous red...not fire engine red but a more subdued red...intense though. I should have known....the soap bleeds all over the tub and soap dish. It does not stain though, the color washes right off. However, I am really not able to give this soap to anyone. I use it myself. I scented the soap with a Fig FO and the combo is pretty nice. I have dry sensitive skin and this clay does not dry me out. I recently used it again as a swirl in a white soap. This was more successful. The first time I used a bar in the shower, a bit of red was left behind on the shower ledge, but thereafter I have not noticed any bleeding. I used just the tiniest smidge in the oils for this swirl and the color is still just as intense red. Pretty nice stuff if you are careful with it :wink:

Thanks for the info! It's a really pretty clay, but I kinda figured since it was so intense it would bleed. I bet it made some very pretty swirls.

I would like to know, any others option from ND?

Their offering are not cheap, in case of buying a lot of goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back