Purple clay acting weird in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The light purple that was visible on the sides of the soap finally disappeared. So I think it is safe to presume @Mobjack Bay have found the right info on oxidation states. And the manganese purple charge in my soap is all evened out.
I like them more like that. Still kind of pointless to have used the clay but they are way less ugly than they were when they had a different color on the outside.

IMG-20240206-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20240206-WA0003.jpg

@AliOop @dibbles You're right, they don't like so bad. And it is also my lesson to try anything new on a smaller batch scale. I was too excited to try my new tall and skinny mold.
Thank you to everyone that shared thoughts, experiences and did research on manganese violet. Also, talking about it helped to sooth my disappointment 😅
I hope this post and your answers will help someone else some day.

I, too, once fell victim to the beautiful color of manganese violet. It was on sale, and I thought “score!” Once I read more into it, I realized I’d only be able to use it for bath bombs, which I no longer make.

Latest posts

Back