Red mica turning orange

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Star

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been making soap dough and having trouble with the red dough turning orange. I’m using “scarlet” red mica. The first batch (11oz) I used about half tsp and the dough turned a light orange the next day and the second batch also 11oz I used 1 tsp of the red mica and it turned a darker orange but still not red

Yes the base color is yellowish. I did put a little of the titanium dioxide for the second one thinking that might help but maybe not enough? I didn’t want it to turn pink

ROLIO, from Amazon, 24 pack. The two other colors from the pack, yellow and green worked fine. So I have two orange doughs now. One a little darker than the other. Still need red for embed hearts and flowers

ROLIO, from Amazon, 24 pack. The two other colors from the pack, yellow and green worked fine. So I have two orange doughs now. One a little darker than the other. Still need red for embed hearts and flowers
These “micas” from Amazon have absolutely no vetting, nothing. These are made for resins, not cold processed soap. Trial By Fire from Nurture Soap is the best red, second choice is True Red Set by Mad Micas.

Latest posts

Back