Zebra Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Those look fantastic. Idk if I could actually USE them though, they are too pretty to get use up! Great job, I don't think you can get a more perfect zebra effect than that!

I'm so gonna try this!

I love Celine's soaps but when I watch soaping videos I prefer to have the blah-blah-blah and the endless scraping of bowls/pitchers cut out of the videos :) With 2 kids clamoring for my attention at home, I don't have 17+ minutes to watch a video of someone scraping every last bit of soap out of her bowl, when the whole thing could be shortened to 8 minutes.

Debra,
I tried this just like you explained it and the swirl came out beautifully! My coloring, however left a lot to be desired. I was trying to make it pink and burgundy with pomegranate scent. I colored my separated soaps and when I added the FO, it turned it very yellow. I guess I should have added more UM Pink to the pink part because it came out creamy beige. The burgundy, colored with blue shade of red oxide ended up a little burgundy, but mostly brown. So my soap looks like chocolate and vanilla. Strangely, it seems to smell more like chocolate than pomegranate, too. Maybe it's all in my head! LOL
Anyway the swirl is fabulous and the prettiest swirl I've ever done, so thanks for sharing your technique!

Well, I said it was fabulous, but it doesn't hold a candle to yours!

Here it is. These are small bars done in a drawer organizer.

ZEBRA SWIRL GROUP FEB 2 2013.jpg

ZEBRA SWIRL INDIV FEB 2 2013.jpg

Those are awesome! Is there another color swirled in with the burgundy color? I think I see a little blue there?

I did another batch of zebra soap Sunday and OMG I am starting to HATE titanium dioxide. I never know how much to put. I had a love/hate thing going with it for weeks, so I tried mixing the powder with water (it's the water kind of TD) in an old spaghetti sauce jar. I did that a few weeks ago. I had no idea how much to use because I just put a few TBS of TD in the jar and added distilled water. So I start out with 1 TBS of that mix . . . didn't change the look of the batter at all so I added another TBS. I don't have my notes so I'm not sure how much I added but it was way too much. The soap is crackled in the white part, which would be okay except that it's turned a dingy yellowish color. Ugh. Rebatch, I guess. Double ugh. I probably should have made sugar scrubs with it Monday night when I cut it. Maybe it's still fresh enough to do tonight. Oh well. Worst case scenario - my dad will still think it's great and he would love to have 12 bars of zebra soap that look like the zebra wallowed around in a pile of dirt. :)

Can you Post a picture? I bet it's better than you're saying.

On mine there's only the two colors so it's the beige you see in the burgundy.

Back