Zebra Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicklet

Reaction score
My new favorite swirl: the zebra swirl
(zebra rhymes with Debra, it's the correct pronunciation :))

image-5_zpsdab0358d.jpg

Thanks y'all. :) I see my pic got moved over here to the photo gallery where it belongs, but my reply about the TD is stuck over in CP. Should I go delete it? I should have posted here in the first place but we were talking about swirls there.

Cali: it's a very easy technique but I'm really not sure of the official name. If you google "Adam and Eve soap" you'll see a YouTube video made by Celine in Ireland - she has a lot of great how-to videos on soaping design techniques. Celine soaps and her friend Titch films her. They chat during the filming and I just love listening to them. :) I think she calls this a tiger stripe but at some point in the video one of them says it looks like a zebra and I agree. You just mix equal amounts of the two colors and alternate pouring a stripe down the middle of the mold. You layer one color on top of the other, just pouring down the middle. The batter for this batch was a medium thick trace I guess. The first batch was a thinner trace - I'll post pics of it so you can see the difference.

Super amazing. Looks just like Celine's! It IS the Tiger stripe and is very easy. Celine has a ton of soaps she made with technique.

I'm blown away. Your's looks prettier than hers, I think.

Last edited:
Y'all are too sweet. It was a fun design to do and I don't think you could mess it up if you can just keep the batter from getting too thick.

And the name on my birth certificate is Deborah (I'm a Debbie), which isn't EXACTLY Debra, but while I was cutting them I was calling them Deborah's Zebra. :)

Back