Zappy liquid leaking from mold, what gives?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocean_soul

Reaction score
Last week I decided to make a batch of soap using my Vertical Wood mold from Brambleberry. After three days I started dismantling my mold, thinking I could try unmolding my soap soon but then I noticed that my soap liners had a very thin coating of liquid on them, some if it even dripped out the bottom of the mold. I checked it for zap and zinged me pretty good. Eeks! :crazy:

So then I waited a couple of days, fearing all the while that my soap had separated and determining that my husband should never be allowed in the kitchen when I'm making soap (he *had* to be in the kitchen right when I was about to combine my lye water and oils, ugh). Finally I unmolded my soap and it seems okay. It was a bit softer than I was expecting but not butter soft so that's good. So now I'm just wondering how this will affect my soap, maybe giving it a slightly higher SF%? Also puzzled as to why this happened. I guess my soap only separated a little bit? Any other suggestions please?

Yeah, I figured that since it doesn't zap it's safe so I'll just have to see how it is after it cures.

Thanks for the input. :)

Latest posts

Back