Zany's Testing Method - Micas and Scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Here's a guide I made for myself for testing scents and colorants. The FOs are from Majestic Mountain Sage and the micas are TBK's Pop! Micas. The soap formula is slow moving but I worked quickly once the lye solution was added to the batch. I poured each color into one of the six round cavities in a silicone mold. The colors were spot on the same as shown.
:bunny:

View attachment 5 FOs & Pop!.pdf

I was able to open it. A prompt showed up at the bottom of my screen that asked if I wanted to 'open', 'save' or 'cancel' it. I clicked 'open' and it came right up.

IrishLass :)

that pdf does not open
Apologies to all! I'm sorry to take so long in responding, Dahlia. Unfortunately, I'm still learning how to do things on this forum. Obviously, I don't know how to post a file that has graphics in it. I was surprised when that PDF file showed up as a link instead of a picture that fills the page.
confused.gif
If someone could tell me how to do that, I'd be truly grateful.

Or... Should I contact Angie?

Or copy and paste as a post or posts in the forum. Many people/firewalls are not overly keen to click on links posted online - the forum allows for text and images with the plus point that the text is then searchable by others who might google a topic. If it is all trapped in a file then it is not so easy for search engines to work with it.

Or copy and paste as a post or posts in the forum. Many people/firewalls are not overly keen to click on links posted online - the forum allows for text and images with the plus point that the text is then searchable by others who might google a topic. If it is all trapped in a file then it is not so easy for search engines to work with it.
Thank you, Sir. I'll give that a try...!

I can paste the text okay but I tried to C & P the graphic and got this message:

ERROR: The text that you have entered is too long (128064 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.

Boo hoo.

I can paste the text okay but I tried to C & P the graphic and got this message:

ERROR: The text that you have entered is too long (128064 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.

Boo hoo.

When I get that error message, this is what works for me:

1. I copy the text I want to use to my clipboard.
2. I go back to the thread & refresh my browser (thus loosing the offending reply - because it won't ever post at this point)
3. I start a new reply.
4. I paste the text from my clipboard.
5. I click post.

That usually fixes it.

But if it doesn't, for me it's been a superlong url that is the problem. If that is the case, I use tinyurl.com to create a short url.

Not sure if these will help in your case, but another issue could be that when you are copying from a spreadsheet, you may also be copying the formatting code. That would make the text too long for sure and if that is the case, my solution probably won't work. Well, your's is not a spreadsheet, but there is formatting that you may be copying and that may contribute to the 'too many characters' error message.

The other thing you could do is open your spreadsheet and do a screenshot, then save it as an image and post the image.

ETA: FYI, the youtube link does not work. Are you sure the url is correct?

Good job, WeaversPort.

Zany, Did you see my note about your youtube link? It doesn't work when I post it to YouTube. Do you have a working link?

Is this the link you wanted? I left out the last letter: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3NQMzeDMAU[/ame]

Well, your's is not a spreadsheet, but there is formatting that you may be copying and that may contribute to the 'too many characters' error message.
Yup. It was the formatting that showed up in the post. Thank you for taking time to write up your analysis. Very helpful. I need to learn how to do a screenshot... I used to know, but it flew away... like so many other things these days! LOL

I took a screenshot of the attachment so people can see it :smile:
Bless you, Kaye, you're a peach! You're both peaches! :)

Earlene wrote: Good job, WeaversPort.
Ditto. Good job, Weaversport!

Zany, Did you see my note about your youtube link? It doesn't work when I post it to YouTube. Do you have a working link?

I'll check it out and get back to you. Thank you!

Is this the link you wanted? I left out the last letter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3NQMzeDMAU

Yes! That's the link! You're amazing! Thank you. BIG hug. (((Earlene)))

Back