Your favorite supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far WSP is not higher in price when I calculate in shipping from other companies. They come out cheaper most time on final total. Are they in glass bottles? I am looking on site but have not found anything on that yet. Just pictures of glass bottles with FO page.

They are amber glass bottles... I am consistently happy with the quality of the FO's I buy there, that's why I keep going back. The prices can vary quite a bit between FO's, but this is just a hobby for me so I don't mind spending a little extra on some from time to time, but try to stick in the $4-6 range for the 2 oz bottles. Sometimes a $8 or 9 will sneak in ;)

I just wish more of these sites would let users post reviews. Some have none, some like WSP I can't figure out HOW to post a review (plus the ones there are >1 year old). NG has reviews, but not very many.

You have to be logged in to WSP & NG's website to post reviews.

Also, keep in mind that the reviews have to be approved & a specific supplier tends to not allow and remove negative reviews.

You have to be logged in to WSP & NG's website to post reviews.

Also, keep in mind that the reviews have to be approved & a specific supplier tends to not allow and remove negative reviews.

Yeah so I've heard (and I am logged in....clearly I must be a moron as I still can't find how to post the reviews). There just seems to be something wrong with each supplier out there darn it!!

Yeah so I've heard (and I am logged in....clearly I must be a moron as I still can't find how to post the reviews). There just seems to be something wrong with each supplier out there darn it!!

In WSP reviews is your account, but I see a "Coming Soon" notice in that portion of my account settings.

Reviews on WSP are down below description of product. There is a link there to add one. Just scroll down the page of product.

I can't find the link to actually post a review the products though. It used to be where you could just click on it & post a review, but now it's not like that.

You mean their message boards? I just signed up, but I still don't see where I review things. :oops:

Yeah the scent review board is great, still a bit less traveled than I would expect, considering how many folks are on these boards.

Chris you might remember that most scent stay the same over years. So old posts are still correct. I think many sorta of have forgotten about the forum that are older have know what scents they use. Posting reviews keep you on the forum. If you do not review ay least one oil or scent within a certain time frame you will be taking off the forum. I know it seems harsh to some but why should others benifit with out helping too. After all it is all free.

I try to do at least one review a year. Will probably up that now that I will be more active soap making. :)

I can't find the link to actually post a review the products though. It used to be where you could just click on it & post a review, but now it's not like that.

Well, I thought it was there. My bad. Guess it was another site. Has anyone check them out on FB and asked there?

In my experience, you cannot generalize about FOs. No supplier has consistently good FOs across the board. Lye is unforgiving, at times, and can morph or fade the most delightful fragrances OOB.

Some low cost suppliers (AHRE, Peak Candle) have great scents just as higher priced suppliers like BB, TSW, and WSP.

If you limit yourself to suppliers that ship in bottles, you will have increasingly few options. As has been mentioned previously, you can transfer them to amber glass. Speaking of, although I find most of WSP's stuff priced too high, purchasing glass bottles from them is actually pretty cost effective because of the "free shipping." At least it used to be; I haven't checked prices recently.

I have moved over to EOs primarily and can get a good array of fragrances to blend at prices between $20-30 per pound. Lavender and patchouli are more, of course, but I don't use them straight, so they are not too expensive. That said, I hear mint has gone up a lot recently. I buy EO from a variety of suppliers: NDA, Camden Grey, Liberty Natural, 1 Raw Plant, Adobe Soapworks, and the Perfumery. FOs: I like AHRE, Candle Science, Peak, TSW and Southern Soapers (currently being reborn under the name Soapalooza). I don't order enough from BB to justify the shipping.

In my experience, you cannot generalize about FOs. No supplier has consistently good FOs across the board. Lye is unforgiving, at times, and can morph or fade the most delightful fragrances OOB.

Some low cost suppliers (AHRE, Peak Candle) have great scents just as higher priced suppliers like BB, TSW, and WSP.

If you limit yourself to suppliers that ship in bottles, you will have increasingly few options. As has been mentioned previously, you can transfer them to amber glass. Speaking of, although I find most of WSP's stuff priced too high, purchasing glass bottles from them is actually pretty cost effective because of the "free shipping." At least it used to be; I haven't checked prices recently.

I have moved over to EOs primarily and can get a good array of fragrances to blend at prices between $20-30 per pound. Lavender and patchouli are more, of course, but I don't use them straight, so they are not too expensive. That said, I hear mint has gone up a lot recently. I buy EO from a variety of suppliers: NDA, Camden Grey, Liberty Natural, 1 Raw Plant, Adobe Soapworks, and the Perfumery. FOs: I like AHRE, Candle Science, Peak, TSW and Southern Soapers (currently being reborn under the name Soapalooza). I don't order enough from BB to justify the shipping.

Judy my old ones were SS I love them and I am hoping Kelly brings back the whole line. Then again I need smaller amounts than what I remember she is selling now too.

One other thing I have been finding Palm will effect FO so that smell will be either one way or the other or morphed. I came across a thread about this on my other forum. Some did experiments and found AO worked better than those that had Palm in it for FO. I can not link this thread because it is from another forum. But I just bought some Palm and I might try to see if it happens.

Soap Goods is notoriously overpriced on MANY items, not even including shipping fees. Their FO prices are outrageous, even worse than TSW and WSP LOL $52 for a pound of Bay Rum FO. Not even 3.5 ounces of Dragon's Blood is nearly $24. 12 pounds of cocoa butter is $100. I paid just under $55 shipped for 8.8lb of cocoa butter wafers from jedwards. Maybe their prices are lower in the store.

It is amazing how many FO suppliers do NOT list important information on the oils they are selling. The least I have found is name what scents a blends is made of and flashpoint. Shame on these suppliers. :evil:

It is amazing how many FO suppliers do NOT list important information on the oils they are selling. The least I have found is name what scents a blends is made of and flashpoint. Shame on these suppliers. :evil:

Some suppliers only state the name of the fo is & that's it. Those are not suppliers that I buy fo from.
If they don't have usage rates and access to the IFRA for each fo, then I don't buy from them.

Back