Your favorite supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is your favorite FO supplier? And Why? Since we do not have a recent thread on this. This is your chance to help me out a bit since my old supplier is no more.

Aww..who was your old supplier?

My favorite fo supplier is Natures Garden, because they have descriptions of how their fo's behave in different mediums & because their shipping isn't a killer. I wish their fo's were in glass, though. Plus, I like that I can see the IFRA for each fo on their website before ordering. I hate spending money on an fo only to find out that the usage rate is .3% LOL
Brambleberry would be my favorite fo supplier if they had the IFRAs easily available.

I agree with Genny. I love NG! I also use Candlescience, their FOs seem to be a tad stronger in candles, and their body safe FOs are good in strong in CP.

For our neck of the woods, just due to shipping speeds: Elements Bath & Body, CandleScience, Aztec (which is candlemaking.com - the Knoxville supplier I was talking about), NG and AHRE. All five of those ship same day or next day and are 2 days or less transit time. They all have great quality FOs and you can find other B&B supplies at all of them except CandleScience. With CS and Aztec you have to be more careful about making sure the FO is skin safe because they are more focused on candle companies than skin care, but Aztec has done a great job in the last year making sure that almost all the new FOs they've introduced have been skin safe. AHRE has a lot that aren't skin safe but they do list it prominently. EBB and NG, most of them ARE safe, up to a certain point, but I like to make sure I always get FOs that are at LEAST skin safe in soap up to 3%. I always look at the IFRA if its available, otherwise I just shoot a quick email off for the scent I want the doc of :)

I like the Crafter's Choice FOs thru WSP, however, their prices are going through the ROOF on most of their oils - many of them are now $35/lb to nearly $50/lb. BB's prices are going that way, plus combine their slower order processing time with the transit time to reach our neck of the woods, and I just don't find it worth it.

My two favorites are NG and BB, though I've used several others when I'm looking for specific fragrances.

Hmm I buy in ounces not pounds. LOL do not make that much soap yet. But I do not have to use more than 1/2 an ounce per pound due to strenght of FO. Sometimes less than that even. I did order from BB and they are not even close to the strenght I am use too.

I have ordered FOs from ED and NGC. I like that ED puts their FOs in glass bottles. NGC uses plastic bottles. Plus I order from ED one day and get it the next.

Starrville Soap & Candle Supply - it carries almost everything I need and is about 80 miles from my house, which seems a long way to travel but I go every other month and stay the weekend with a friend,so it works out. If I have to send off I use BB, NG, or WSP

I usually have had good results with Bitter Creek. Almost all the FOs I've tried have worked well in CP and are strong.

I like Bitter Creek North. As atrocious as BCN's website is, BCS is even worse LOL BCN's Leather is my favorite leather FO

With the risk of sounding like more of a newb then I already do, what is IFRA?

Thank you, I appreciate learning more about fragrances. So much to learn!

Latest posts

Back