You can save recipes in SoapCalc

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I figured that. I have the percentages of my recipe memorized. It's so nice to be able to click "load recipe".

It sure is! I have ten or so of my favorite recipes saved (what can I say, I make small runs of specialty soaps for face, body, hair...)

It's a lot handier to remember that body is #1, face is #2, and so on, but I also have the recipes hard copy just in case the cookies get eaten by the cookie monster.

I also use the app Saponify on my phone. It does not figure FO/EO amount or anything but it is good as a back up. And I always print off my recipes and keep them in a folder.

I also use the app Saponify on my phone. It does not figure FO/EO amount or anything but it is good as a back up. And I always print off my recipes and keep them in a folder.

...Phones can run programs now? Isn't it inconvenient to carry the handset around everywhere? :-D

...Phones can run programs now? Isn't it inconvenient to carry the handset around everywhere? :-D

Haha. it fits in my pocket fine. And it is connected to my motorola 360 watch so I do not have to pull it out to read messages. And it connects to my car so I can play my music off it. And gives me directions to new places.

SO MANY THINGS! Haha

But I also like to store things on soapcalc, but my anti-virus software likes to eat all my cookies. I can't blame it. I like cookies too!

I love that it can save and just the other day noticed that it also has a setting for calculating in multiple windows. It's incredibly handy when I'm tweaking percentages to be able to compare the iterations next to one another.

Incidentally, if you use Evernote... There is a Chrome plugin to save a recipe into a new note.

Since I tend to delete my cookies without thinking, I save recipes on soapcalc & a clip of the page in Evernote. Can't say how much I LOVE Evernote. I also paid $0.99 for a soap app called, Soap Calculator. It may seem basic because the icon is just a pink bar of soap, but it has pretty much everything.

Latest posts

Back