Yikes! My soap is stuck inside

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my2scents

Reaction score
I can't get my soap out of the PVC tube, it was poured about 18 hours ago, I put it in the freezer a bit, That didn't work.
any ideas? will it shrink over time? How do I get it out?

Depending on your recipe, it might not be hard enough to come out yet. Give it another 12-24 hours?

I had this happen to me last week as i was a goon and forgot to add the mineral oil to my pipe. I stuck it in the freezer for a few hours than got a wooden dowel and pushed it through the pipe. Soap came out ok. HTH

I freeze mine for a few hours, thaw for another hour then drop them vertically from about chest high onto concrete a few times. They slide right out 8)

kellyincville said:
I freeze mine for a few hours, thaw for another hour then drop them vertically from about chest high onto concrete a few times. They slide right out 8)

This. On the concrete in the garage! I don't use freezer paper or line. Once you jar them loose...they will come out easily.

agriffin said:
kellyincville said:

This. On the concrete in the garage! I don't use freezer paper or line. Once you jar them loose...they will come out easily.

How well do the molds hold up? Do they break occasionally? Do you use the thick PVC?

Thanks guys, Its a GIRL :lol: finally got it out did a combo of all your ideas, (except The plunger.....ewwww its been used for too many other things)
I love the drop on the garage floor that really helped then I pushed it through with a piece of wood . It slid out kinda hard & was like birthing a baby :shock:
The soap on the other hand is sooooooo pretty & I'll post pics under the photo gallery later.

ToniD said:
How well do the molds hold up? Do they break occasionally? Do you use the thick PVC?

I'm a relatively new soaper so have used each mold only about 10x with smaller 1lb batches. So far the pvc has held up fine- maybe a scuff or two on the edge but no breakage.

I bought normal 3" pvc from lowe's.

my2scents said:
Thanks guys, Its a GIRL :lol: finally got it out did a combo of all your ideas, (except The plunger.....ewwww its been used for too many other things)
I love the drop on the garage floor that really helped then I pushed it through with a piece of wood . It slid out kinda hard & was like birthing a baby :shock:
The soap on the other hand is sooooooo pretty & I'll post pics under the photo gallery later.

I am so glad no one dropped me on the garage floor when I was giving birth to my babies. :lol: I know what you mean though, it can be a lot of pushing to get the soap out of the mold. Glad it came out well!

Back