Xylitol (rather than Sorbitol) in soapmaking (for bubbles) - NOT tooth soapmaking

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a similar question, does it discolor high temperature hot process transparent recipes? I also was unable to find sorbitol at the health food store but they did carry xylitol and erythritol. The bag of xylitol said something on the back about being heat stable so i went with that. Honestly i dont even know why i bought it as my plan is use red palm oil, pine rosin and sandalwood oil, maybe a little labdanum to produce aomethibg similiar to pears or the nuetrogena facial bar so why not just use regular sugar right. Well anyways eventually i wanted to make some crystal clear coconut/castor oil soap so thats what i wanted the sorbitol for and will probably just end up buying some sorbitol online. However in the interest of sharing information i made an account here to post the results of how it performs because thats how i eneded up here, searching the internet for information regarding xylitol in transparent soap recipes
Also be careful with both the bag of xylitol and any products you do make with it - it is highly toxic to dogs, they have died from even the small amounts found in a pack of gum.

I have a similar question, does it discolor high temperature hot process transparent recipes? I also was unable to find sorbitol at the health food store but they did carry xylitol and erythritol. The bag of xylitol said something on the back about being heat stable so i went with that. Honestly i dont even know why i bought it as my plan is use red palm oil, pine rosin and sandalwood oil, maybe a little labdanum to produce aomethibg similiar to pears or the nuetrogena facial bar so why not just use regular sugar right. Well anyways eventually i wanted to make some crystal clear coconut/castor oil soap so thats what i wanted the sorbitol for and will probably just end up buying some sorbitol online. However in the interest of sharing information i made an account here to post the results of how it performs because thats how i eneded up here, searching the internet for information regarding xylitol in transparent soap recipes
Also coconut oil increases lather vs other oils, so maybe sub it for som or all of the palm oil?

Back