WSP - Perfect Pumpkin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltysteele

Reaction score
Soaped WSP's Perfect Pumkin yesterday.

Man, I'm tired of this scent :p While it smells delicious, 20 hours of it gets a bit overwhelming.

Anyway... My wife guessed it as pumpkin pie before I even showed her the label (smelling the bottle cap). So far, smells the same soaped, as OOB, but like I said, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

No noticeable instant discoloration, but contains vanilla so may take a while. Besides, I colored it with tumeric, and once again, has been less than 24 hours.

Man, for me, I couldn't get it to trace. Default SF and lye levels from soapcalc.net, about half lard, quarter each OO and CO, and 4-5% castor. Colored main batch with tumeric, and a small portion with TD. Also added GM powder and silk.

After SB'ing for 4-5 minutes (not constantly - SB for 30-40, stir 30-40, SB for 30-40, etc.) still was not getting thick. It was blended though, and feeling the side of the bowl, was starting to heat up.

Poured it in the loaf pan lined with press-n-seal, and didn't start to gel for a couple hours. Was full gelled at about 5 hours.

The scent will settle down , it took about 6 weeks before that scent wasn't the first thing I smelled when I came in the back door . Who needs air fresheners ?

Kitn

i was beveling the edges and making soap balls out of the trimmings, and the chunks i trimmed off the ends. afterwards, i made some popcorn. in addition to sprinkling salt with my butter, i also sprinkle on sugar. it tasted like it was eating a cinnabun (because of the scent on my fingers) lol :)

it soaped really well. the smell is still smelling up that whole end of the house, but it's better now

lol

i brought a trimming in for my friends to smell (as always), and had a hard time keeping some from trying to eat it :lol:

it's colored with tumeric, and i did a swirl on top with nontumeric, but TD, and it looks like candy.

as an update, this FO does discolor the vanilla brown discoloration. I had it at a carmel/toffee brown, and now it's between a milk and dark chocolate brown

do you like the scent though? i made pumpkin spice by peak and it smells more spicy( molasses, cin ,allspice) than pumpkin, not happy.

i like it. very cinnamon-ee.

i don't smell the pumpkin in it,but my wife does. discolored to a brown

Latest posts

Back