WSP Coconut and Pear

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltysteele

Reaction score
I did a batch with WSP's coconut and pear, and I'm not caring for it. The soap is 52% lard, 24% each CO and OO.

It is about 3 days or so old, and almost smells like a funky oatmeal.

Does this change with age? There is some coconut smell to it, but not much. And, I'm not smelling any pear.

I'm hoping with age it changes.

Anyone else experience this?

I never judge my like or dislike of an FO until the soap is at least a week or 2 old . The scent does change during this time usually for the better .

Kitn

Okay, thanks Kitn.

Have patience with me, a noob. I've been kind of spoiled, with my rosemary and mint smelling heavenly.. :oops:

I suspected it would get better with time, but I've got a little birdy chirping in my ear about how she doesn't like it (my wife) :lol:

I know Salty , one smells fantastic right out of the mold and the next one you wonder what the heck went wrong . I know it is hard to wait , I have one right now that I am not so sure about .

Kitn

you almost feel obligated that this stuff smells nice lol

she picked that scent out the other night as I was getting the oils and lye ready. now i feel like a schmuck :)

i'll keep you updated.

I have an FO that I am waiting to bloom as well. Tons of replies on the SSRB saying how wonderful it is. Smells like plastic, molded and unloved mixed in with eau de dump.

Miracles happen on the cure rack....so give it some time, and then, maybe, more time!

my wife actually said she could smell it coming through, tonight. so, there is hope! thanks, guys!

i think i'll use that in my soap line for the farmer's market (if i ever get that good), eau de dump :lol:

how 'bout money dump :D :D :D :lol:

bonsia/irish spring

ok, my bonsai (aroma haven) smells just like irish spring(yuck), hope someone likes it! it did turn out a pretty green and i used my new crinkle cutter(wsp, 6$).

i've found there's always someone who likes something you think smells horrible.

my lavender 40/42, clary sage and ylang ylang soap makes me want to gag. it just accosts my smeller, but i've found 5 people who LOVE it, can't stop smelling it! i told them i thought it smelled horrible, before they smelled it, so they weren't just being nice :p

I've got a group of about 15 nurses that are my taste (smell) testers of my scents, and they've promised to be honest and not to just say something smells nice, because they like me.

the favorite so far, by a landslide, is liquid crack (Daystar's dupe of Lush's "Rockstar")

Latest posts

Back