Wrapping soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carebear said:
cdwinsby said:
*Jovia Handmade Soaps contain a variety of the above listed ingredients and are scented with either essential or fragrance oils or a combination of the two.
do labels of this sort - "may contain" - meet Health Canada's strict rules for labeling?

No it doesn't....but when a customer refuses to take the label....what do you do? You still need to keep the customer happy and try to abide by the laws as best you can. Many customers...more than I would have ever thought....really like minimal or no packaging....saving paper, etc.

Forcing the issue would be counter productive so this is my 'happy medium'. I also have a bar of each type on the table with a label for the customer to read....not that they really understand the INCI language but I am there to answer any questions for them. It's been working well so far.

oldragbagger said:
My goodness, Irish Lass, your soaps are absolutely gorgeous!!!! You are a true artist and it would almost seem a shame to use them because they are so beautiful to look at. Bravo to you.

Thank you so much. :)

One of these days I've got to update my site. It's been about 2 years now since I've touched it. :oops:

It's funny, but one of my brothers-in-law can't bring himself to use any of the soaps I've given to him because, he says to me, 'They're just too pretty for me to use!' I told him I'd make him some ugly bars next time. :lol:

IrishLass

Latest posts

Back