Paper packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed this on once before but I will offer this to you as well. I found this option awhile back and make up wrapping boxes for friends and family as I do not sell my soap either. I print my soap information directly on the box before cutting it and I even print a picture or something to indicate what type of soap is inside. Everyone is happy to keep the box and use the soap.

Super Deluxe Tuckbox Template Maker

I use an editor to modify the image and to align my info to print.
Blacksmith Soap Soap Box.jpg

If you decide to wrap make sure the paper doesn't stick to the soap. I purchased a bar at a farmer's market once wrapped in a thin paper, not quite tissue paper but that thin. When I got ready to use the bar the paper was struck to the bar. I had to get the bar wet to be able to scrap off the paper.

If you decide to wrap make sure the paper doesn't stick to the soap. I purchased a bar at a farmer's market once wrapped in a thin paper, not quite tissue paper but that thin. When I got ready to use the bar the paper was struck to the bar. I had to get the bar wet to be able to scrap off the paper.
Yes, I noticed that it’s quite important to use waxy paper. Also, the soap really needs to have evaporated all the extra moisture, otherwise it will warp the paper. But maybe more experienced soapers already knew better 🙈

I print my soap information directly on the box before cutting it and I even print a picture or something to indicate what type of soap is inside. Everyone is happy to keep the box and use the soap.
Keeping in mind that there is no correct way of labeling soap, most soapmakers follow the labeling recommendations for lotions and such.
In addition to "Blacksmith Soap" (Soap should be on there) include:

Contact info of manufacturer
Ingredient list, (rather than a list of fatty acids)
Weight in oz & grams

TOP.jpg
SICE.jpg

SIDE.jpg

HTH

Here's how I wrap them. I wasn't as careful as I could be (first time since Christmas), so the more tightly you fit the edges, the better it looks.
Thank you for the wonderful video! I see the angle of the soap vs paper. And I like the fact that everyone s held together with one label. Very nice.

Keeping in mind that there is no correct way of labeling soap, most soapmakers follow the labeling recommendations for lotions and such.

Weight in oz & grams

View attachment 71975View attachment 71977
View attachment 71976

HTH
My next labels are going directly on the box. Yours are fabulous and the font you chose is easy to read. Thank you for sharing

My next labels are going directly on the box. Yours are fabulous and the font you chose is easy to read.
When you turn the box over there's an oval opening where you can sniff the bars to show off the color and the fragrance. The bars are wrapped in thin Bakery Paper from a 1,000 sheet box from the grocery store. Very inexpensive. Nice.

Tissue.jpg

Attachments

• 1681518796275.jpeg
    1681518796275.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 0
When you turn the box over there's an oval opening where you can sniff the bars to show off the color and the fragrance. The bars are wrapped in thin Bakery Paper from a 1,000 sheet box from the grocery store. Very inexpensive. Nice.

View attachment 71992
Oh love the bakery paper idea! there is a cookware shop near me that will have that paper. And am putting round holes in the boxes I bought from Brambleberry. Thank you. This is very encouraging for me.

Weight in oz & grams

View attachment 71975View attachment 71977
View attachment 71976

HTH
Yes, thank you. good reminder for me to add these items to my labels:
Weight in oz & grams

Oh dear. that would not be a good selling point. Yes paper should be crisp and appropriate for wrap use.

@Zany Thank you for the Correct Labeling for soap that I'm guessing is heading for sale. I do not want to confuse anyone about labeling. I give my soap to family only, and as far as they are concerned the only thing they want to know is do I want them to pay for the soap. I refuse payment, because soap making is really a hobby for me, and the little I spend on what I give away makes me happy they like the soap. I have a great respect for the knowledge you have, and value your sharing that knowledge. I hope my example of the packing box will not confuse members of this thread.

I hope my example of the packing box will not confuse members of this thread.
Thank you for the kind words. 🙂 I think your box template is brilliant and well done. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing! My family was a little more demanding... they all wanted to know what was in the soap and what it was best for... faces? grubby hands? all-over including hair? etc. etc. etc. 😅
as far as they are concerned the only thing they want to know is do I want them to pay for the soap. I refuse payment, because soap making is really a hobby for me, and the little I spend on what I give away makes me happy they like the soap.
While I totally understand where you're coming from, from their POV the offer to pay is their way of encouraging more soap coming their way and also, not feeling indebted to you, i.e., like wanting to give you something back. It's easiest for them if you just take the money. It makes them feel good and, actually, lets them off the hook. 😆

I passed this on once before but I will offer this to you as well. I found this option awhile back and make up wrapping boxes for friends and family as I do not sell my soap either. I print my soap information directly on the box before cutting it and I even print a picture or something to indicate what type of soap is inside. Everyone is happy to keep the box and use the soap.

Super Deluxe Tuckbox Template Maker

I use an editor to modify the image and to align my info to print.View attachment 71973

Another late-to-the-party response, but I ran across someone using this: We R Memory Keepers® 1-2-3 Punch Board Kit
in a video recently & considered buying it because it does boxes, envelopes & more & apparently is quite sturdy. It gets a lot of good reviews. If I remember correctly, they have one which does tags and gift bags of assorted sizes as well.

I don't usually go in for this kind of stuff, and have never wanted a Cricut - blasphemy, I know :) - but when I recently had to hand measure, cut, shape etc several gift tags recently for some assorted soap samplers which I tied together in bundles for a retail customer, this had me looking for a better solution which would actually last a long time, and which didn't need to be plugged in & farted around with. Something straight forward & low-tech, because I have more than enough technology in my life.

So yeah....DIY paper packaging....just supply the paper, and the possibilities there are pretty much endless.

Amazon carries this stuff too FYI but I chose the above link because the big A is always my last choice unless I can't find stuff elsewhere.

I print on antique looking paper and found that the sops have not bled through like the last paper I was using. I can get four labels per sheet.

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back