wrapping CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first time on this site and posting a question...I am new to soap making...

I like how my cp soap looks when it is unwrapped and natural looking. Do I need to wrap it to keep it fresh and protected??

Thanks...
:D

Welcome!

I don't wrap my CP soap until I need to. Sometimes it sits unwrapped for months. I think CP soap gets better the longer it's left to sit. Of course, you will want to protect it from things like dust, animals, and extreme temperature and humidity changes.

I leave my soap unwrapped until I'm ready to sell that bar, or before a show. During the winter, I store my naked bars all together in a cardboard shoe boxes with a few cotton balls soaked with that scent thrown in with the soaps in the shoe box. I re-soak the cotton balls about every 3- to 45 days.

Hey, now I know who I'm talking to! :D I invited you to our forum! Cool, glad to see you posting. We'll all willing to help you along your soap journey if we can! Glad to see and chat with you.

Paul :wink:

Can you suggest any other wrapping besides shrink wrapping?

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I think I am addicted to this site!

livelovelather said:
Can you suggest any other wrapping besides shrink wrapping?

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I think I am addicted to this site!

You could do a cigar band wrapper, which is pretty popular. That way they are sort of wrapped but you and your customers can still see and smell the bars.

I bought brown kraft paper to wrap mine in. If I ever end up doing a craft show down the road I plan on leaving one of each soap out for people to touch and sniff, and wrapping the rest in the brown paper.

I wait to wrap mine also until sold. I wrap in a cigar band and as soap continues to cure, it shrinks. So if you wrap it right away, it may eventually slip off!

hmm... Wrapping. Let's see. There's soap boxes, shrink wrap, corrugated paper/cardboard, cigar bands, and some people use fancy patterned materials and bags. I can relate to you. I like kind of a natural "bare" look, that shows a lot of my soap. Cigar bands are probably best for that. Boxes are definitely easiest though! Cigar bands are a pain because when your soap cures and shrink, you always need to tighten them.

How about using hessian tied up with rafia? Has anyone every done that? Natural looking!

I had clear PET boxes made to fit my molds. I don't wrap until I have to. For the CP the boxes have small holes in the sides to allow air in, for the MP I use a cello tape that seals air out. You can see the soap from all 6 sides and smell the fragrance of the CP. I like mine this way so I don't have sticky fingers and runny noses handling the soap.

Latest posts

Back