working on my wifes soap station

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyR

Reaction score
Hey guys we are new to soap making and just thought I would show u the small area that I have made for my wife in my shop it is a 8ft long table by 28 in deep and I just finished putting laminate on the top! And gave her a few shelves for her stuff all I have to do now is move some of my fishing stuff off the shelves lol

1403213336384.jpg

That's so awesome of you to share your space! My amazing husband did the same thing for me when we started soaping. Not trying to sound critical but if this becomes an obsession for her, she'll need another shelving unit. And then somewhere to store the curing soaps. My husband is in the middle of repurposing some shelves to be a curing cabinet because half of the 8 ft workbench is covered in curing racks. Have fun!

Well I have to shelving spots already and I have ac in their as well just have to buy me some metal shelving to put in there but I have to clean alot of my junk out of there she also has a tv and a microwave and a sink plus a stereo in there lol

Does it have AC and heat? If she is going to be storing soap there, the more humidity you can get out of the air with AC and heat, the better. You might want to plan to store the soap in the house. Not to mention that she will be much more comfortable with AC and heat. :grin:

You did something right, though! You have at least one outlet there. She is going to need it.

Wow. That is so nice! Now you know that in 6 months or so she'll need double the shelves......and cabinets! Lol, soap people tend to accumulate a great variety of ingredients, molds, and general equipment! She's a lucky woman, kudos to you!

Edit: Just read Isg's message, she's right - lots and lots of storage.

Last edited:
Looks great - I also like there's a lot of light!
I have a spot in the basement too, but it's dark and I always end up taking my stuff upstairs to where there's better light.

Awesome space! My hubs gave me a small butchers table in his kingdom of fishing supplies, and I often find fishing reels and line piled around my few boxes of soap. I have succumbed to sticking to my own room now, he isn't as generous as you are. :D

Well it is a portable wooden building that I have made into a shop it is 12ft wide by 25ft long it has 2 windows in it and a Window Ac and heat unit in it as well also has 2 big doors that can open up if need! I keep it at 68 degrees on the ac and I have a fan running in there 24-7 and I also built a shelf under the window to put a fan on to suck out air lol I use to melt lead in my shop when I made Sinkers and weights, and creating fishing tackle! but no longer make fishing tackle

You're a great husband and your wife is a lucky lady! What a great space!! I agree with others tho.....don't be surprised in a few months if she asks for more storage space. Lol. I had to take over a whole shelf and a half in our storage closet for my soaps. The bf wasn't too happy but I cleaned up and organized for the space so he oblidged.

If you could install one of those really strong bathroom or stove vent hood exhaust fans with a pull switch right over that bench, she will have a great spot. Otherwise, she is going to have to mix lye and water outside.

Latest posts

Back