Wooohoooo, good news!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldwytch Studios

Reaction score
Sorry, just had to share. After weeks of listening to a grumbly husband about what and where I wanted to go with my soapmaking venture this time, he has finally approved all plans. That was even after hearing the start up costs. Of course myself as well as two very close friends are wondering if aliens over took his body...LOL

So, right now the plans are pushed a little further back to be able to work on making box molds and a drying rack. Once those are in place I need to straighten out the enclosed porch that's right off of our kitchen to make it a soap room. I will put in some cheap cabinets and run an L shape counter top.

Since I will be using distilled water i won't have to worry about constant access to a water supply and since the porch is off the kitchen clean up is only a step away. I have electric out there to run a microwave and a small hot plate if necessary. The best part of it all is I have sliding glass doors so I can watch the birds coming to the feeders and watch my ducklings that are due to hatch within the next couple weeks.

While it's going to be a little later start up then I had hoped, I feel better that hubby is now on board with the whole process.

Oh and the only other thing I really need to get for out there is a small dorm fridge to keep all the eo's and other fragile oils/butters in.

Happy Soaping

Rose

Yes, I have Soapy, I have approximately 300 batches under my belt. It's not a new process for me, just starting over again after a long break of life getting in the way. As well as the fact that I'm not ready to sell, probably on't be for about 6 months to a year. The fact that I have been given the go ahead from my husband to get everything in place and ready to go is enough to make me happy.

In place means setting up my room, making test batches, testing natural colorants, eo blends, making sure the soap does what I want it to do, getting insurance in place for when i am ready to sell and anything else I might need to look into.

When I made soap last time it was for personal use and given to family members, not I have a different mission and have a goal as to where and what i want to do with it and I know it's not an overnight process.

I'm not someone who suddenly decided well this looks like fun lets start selling it....:) I want to make sure when i am ready to sell that I am putting the best possible product out to customers, that doesn't happen over night.

Rosie

wooohooooo

CONGRATULATIONS!!! With a whole month of soaping addiction, under my belt I can only imagine how you feel!!( No one could quite understand my joy at finding coconut oil!!!! l live abroad) I wish you all the best. Gosh, what fun experimenting you're going to have WITH the go ahead of your hubby!!! Bliss...

Thanks Brand New, I wish I could move forward with it quicker, but I want things done right the first time (yes, I am a bit OCD). Plus trying to forgo taking out a small loan against my pension, we will see about that. Also, it gives me some time to work on the soaping room.

I picked up the colors today for it and bought the curtains for the sliding glass doors. The walls are going to be a rich vanilla and then there is going to be a accent wall of a deep sea blue/teal. I was going to go with linoleum for spills but since the room is unheated I am putting down a chocolate brown indoor outdoor rug with some nice thick padding to help insulate it.

I will take pictures of the process, you will die when you see the before pics since the area is being used for storage right now....OUCH!!!

I'm quite jealous. As much as my husband loves and approves of my soaping, we have no room to expand at the moment or in the near future.

I'd love to see pics when it's completely finished :)

Cool beans! I've finally got a real soaping room to myself (spare bedroom), but I'm definately not remodelling it! Just place some junk in there to work with, some shelving and ta-da! Lol. Granted, there's a move planned in the future, so I'm not going all out when the place is going to be remodelled for someone else. Not to mention we don't own it, the boyfriend works at the state prison, so we live in this house for free (same with the new place).

Latest posts

Back