Wooden Mixing Spoon

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stainless is perfect. I have 2 large spoons I use for mixing my lye solution. I use spatulas for everything else. I love the silicone spatulas and have been able to get them at the dollar store. I keep all soaping supplies separate from kitchen supplies. I don't even put them in the dishwasher I hand wash everything soap related.

If you're concerned about mixing up cooking and soaping utensils use a Sharpie and put a few identifying rings around the handle of your soaping set so as not to use them for anything else. I store all soaping paraphernalia together and away from the kitchen. If a hobbyist and not in the whole growing business thing your storage away from other kitchen utensils might look something like this - but it works. Admittedly it has grown to a larger container but organizationally looks the same. :(

Smart you! I will do that very thing! I, too, have the Totes of Mess I do store them outside of the kitchen, and I do straighten them up on a regular basis, but one time sticking my hands in there, and I get the mess again. I do run my soaping equipment through the dishwasher, so I was afraid of mixing the spoons up.

Back